Iscan + Plasma

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by karaokeklive, May 20, 2001.

1. karaokeklive

karaokeklive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had experience of using the Iscan together with a plasma screen.

The difference it made to the picture quality of my Seleco 500 was nothing short of amazing.

So, could it turn a £4,000 plasma into a £10,000 plasma all for £750?

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The Iscan works well on plasma displays.
    Tried it on the Daewoo 42" and the result for about £ 5000 total was superb.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Clive,

Generally the answer is yes,as most Plasma display's accept Progressive Component as well as RGBHV.

In our observations when testing the iscan with a variety of panels it is the ability of the panel to accept PAL progressive. Please check the specifications as some early displays have problems with this format - especially via the 15 pin VGA RGBHV connection.

Regards

Alan Roser
    Technical Director
    Owl Video Systems Ltd

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No. Not very likely. There is much more to the processing necessary to produce good image quality on plasma panels than just the de-interlacing. Having said that, it is worth mentioning that the de-interlacing quality on most plasma panels is quite poor.

More recent products such as Panasonics latest models do have better processing so you would see less of an improvement using the iScan Pro with one of those than with a cheap and/or older model.

Best to arrange a demo of the iScan Pro with you plasma panel of choice and assess any possible benefits first hand.

[ 20-05-2001: Message edited by: Orielia ]

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had one on loan for a week and I could hardly tell the difference to be honest. Certainly not £750 worth of difference (this was with a Panasonic TH42PW3B). I did notice some bending of the picture at the top of the image on films that were true 16:9 aspect (eg Toy Story 2, Jurassic Park) which annoyed me (stright lines bending to the left). Overall I was very disappointed.. now where I did see improvement was hooking up a PC to the plasma and using that to play DVDs...WOW! Selling my Arcam DV88 and getting a PC after seeing the difference, it was incredible!

Andy