1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iscan HD - worth having with Arcam DV29

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dambox, Dec 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dambox

dambox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a 32" LCD screen with Sky+ and Arcam DV29. Will the iscan improve both sources ?

I am also keen that the iscan can be configured and left alone and switch as needed with little if any need to touch it.

Thanks

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,497
    To be honest I think an Iscan HD will be overkill on a 32" LCD. I think you only really need a scaler with a 42" plasma and upwards really. What do you feel is wrong with the picture at the moment that is making you consider an Iscan HD?

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. dambox

dambox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest picture is fine - certainly better than my previous set up. I was planning to see a demo of the iscan (or equiv) if the view was that it really did boost the picture - particular for Sky+ sources.

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,497
    It's difficult to justify expenditure like that on a 32" display as the benefits aren't as immediately obvious as they are on a 42" on a projector. You'd be better off putting the money towards a bigger display!

Cheers,
    Andy.