1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iscan HD with LCD Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by petrolhead, Jul 1, 2004.

1. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Has anyone used an Iscan HD with a projector. Especially the Epson TW100

If so what were the results.

:lease:

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Someone must have an Iscan with a PJ

3. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I'm in the process of setting up an I-scan HD with a DLP (Davis DL450). The floor run (all cables connected, nothing mounted) has been really impressive against my old Sony VPH1040. This is analogue RGBHV output from the HD and on dvd at least the processing delay is barely noticable.

Was there something specific you wanted to know?

binbag.

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    How it improves the image with LCD or DLP and if possible Freeview. Just trying to convice myself that its worth buying. I have a TW100 PJ and have been advised that going Iscan wouldbe a better bet at the mo and waiting a bit longer for better DLPs to come out

5. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I can't really offer that comparison - the composite and svideo inputs are shot on my pj and the only image i had seen on it prior to buying it was from the monitor output of this PC. That said it was good enough to make an offer straight away.

I tried a Presenter 1 as a way of piping RGB into the pj and it worked for everything except picture quality (to be fair its not marketed as HQ kit).
    The reasons I stumped up for the HD are:

HTPC - not the way this family watches movies.
    Connectivity - as well as keeping the RGB sources on board I'll soon be able to watch the VHS and PC stuff as well.
    Simplicity - (not in the setting up) AV Hub type stuff.
    Audio Delay - If I hadn't spent it here it would have been on a new amp the moment I spotted a lipsync problem and I like the way my amp sounds.
    Future proofing - Turns my old stuff into DVI / SDI too!

I can't say PQ because I took a leap of faith on the reviews here and elsewhere on that. ( I know, audition, audition, audition...) But it is captivating. Setup runs turn into untidy viewings which is probably why its taking me so long to get it on the wall :) Junking the pj's buffer box for a direct connection and giving the HD a straight run at the pj has worked marvels too. Before then it would haggle with sync and half the settings didn't want to know. With the HD calling the shots everything runs smoothly.

binbag.