1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iscan HD test Patterns

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vancouver, Feb 20, 2005.

1. vancouver

vancouver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am annoyed. Why is it when I set the frame rates to 72 hz then do the test pattern of the white bar going side to side the is more "judder" then when I set it to 60Hz? Shouldnt that effect be just the opposite?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,024
    vancouver

How much judder (or not) you see will depend on the Input signal your working with and what your Display does with the Output signal your sending it.

The majority of Displays will Frame Rate Convert the Incoming signal to best suit the Display - everything is interactive; find what looks best on your set-up and avoid the 'higher is better' fallacy.

Best regards

Joe

3. vancouver

vancouver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice. Are some DVD players better then others when it comes to how high of a frequency it can send out?

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,997
    DVD players will send out the refresh rate native to the signal they are playing. IE R2 DVD will be 50Hz and R1 will be 60Hz.

Gordon