Iscan Hd outputs only 576p on new TV, what to do?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Van Dam, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    I don't have much experience with scalers so I've been having problems trying to obtain a 1080p output on my Iscan HD to my Sony 46W. I have managed to get a 1080p output 3 times but what usually happens is the screen goes blank when I attempt to change the resolution output from 576p to 1080p or any other resolution for that matter.

When I have successfully managed to output 1080p from the Iscan, if I change to another AV input or switch off the TV, the screen goes blank again so I have to revert back to 576p. The screen then refuses to accept any other resolution other than 576p.

I have the Iscan connected via DVI-HDMI but I've tried to output the Iscan via VGA as with my previous TV but I can't even get it to do that. I'm not sure where the problem lies and what I should do to fix it so if anyone can be of any assistance I'd be very grateful!

2. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    do you mean an HD or HD+? I don't think the HD is suitable for your requirements. (I can't find the HD spec now, but I don't think it even supports HDCP).

3. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    It's the HD model not HD+.

I am feeding it regular Sky and Freeview and also regular DVD sources via the component inputs, HDCP shouldn't be an issue as I know the Iscan doesn't accept it.

4. Canoehq

Canoehq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Have a look at this link, especially para 9 which should answer all of your input / output q's;

http://www.anchorbaytech.com/support/faq/hd.php

What an Iscan HD won't do, is transcode any DVI input to a VGA output unless it is a bog standard 480/576p signal without HDCP.

Your blank screen on switching 1080p is almost certainly an HDCP handshaking problem as an Iscan HD will only pass through HDCP signals, it won't process them.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

5. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    Thanks for that but unfortunately it doesn't explain why I was able to output a 1080p resolution from the Iscan at random.

I'm not feeding the Iscan any HDCP signals so I don't understand why the TV should not accept a 1080p resolution as my previous TV, which was also a Sony, was able to, albeit via its VGA input.

6. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    OK it appears it was just a bug with the old firmware that was causing the problem as I've updated the processor to a later version today and I'm now able to change resolutions without causing the screen to blank out. Oooh happy days. :)