Iscan HD\HD+ Samsung PS50Q7HD

anthony1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of re-building my cinema room and have decided to purchase a scaler to use with the above panel. I have noticed that the Iscan scanners are going for only £2-400 on the trading forums and wonder whether scaling produced by such a scanner can overides the Samsung's internal scaler (I have read elsewhere that there is an issue with the Samsung scalers)? Can anyone help? I have looked at the usual panny and pioneer models and to my relatively untrained eye, cannot see much of a difference. Also, I would have thought that for SD sources, the Samsung plus scaler would be superior to Panny\Pioneer panel alone.

Also, If I decide to go down the SDI route, can anyone tell me the cost of upgrading an Iscan scaler to SDI also?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

I have just bought an HD+ to go with my Pioneer 506 and it makes a big difference upscaling to 720p. The output from my TiVO is way better than I could have imagined. And having just done the SDI mod Sky is a revalation... crystal clear.

I still think the Pio has the best picture on the market once it is set to sensible viewing constrasts. Unfortunately most stores fail to do this.

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom