1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iScan Audio options

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Thatsnotmynaim, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Does anyone know if the iScan can output an optical digital input via it's coaxial digital output or vice versa? I have briefly tried, but couldn't get anywhere.

2. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Yes, it'll do this - both outputs (optical & co-ax) are always 'on'. Have you paired your audio inputs to their video sources in the HD's menus?

3. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I think I have, but I'll have another check when I get home. I definately cycled through the digital audio inputs, but could only get an output from one of them.

The problem I had was that I have connected my DVD HDD Recorder to the iScan via optical input 3, then connected optical output 2 to my AV processor. This weekend I tried to connect another DVD player at the same time and so connected this to coax input to input 2, but when doing this I cannot get an output via the optical output 2.

I was wondering if it's the case that if you input via optical then only the optical outputs and if you input via coax then only the coax outputs and I just have to manually switch the AV processor between the two inputs.

4. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    No. I run all 4 inputs to my amp via co-ax and to a minidisc recorder via optical.

It's probably just a case that you'll need to 'work the chain' starting with your sources. I once spent 2 days trying to figure out a very similar thing only to find that I hadn't enabled the digital out on a dvd player. Faced with the waterfall of wires that live at the back of your system when its all plugged in its easy to forget the problem might be very simple.

The first time I read your post I took it that you were looking at a 2nd optical out - which the I-scan doesn't have - I re-read it and think you're reffing the numbers next to the various ins & outs. Correct?

5. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Yes sorted thanks mate, I didn't give it enough of a go before. Cheers for the help.