1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isacn

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by petrolhead, Dec 20, 2004.

1. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I discussed the merits of the Iscan HD a while ago with member including Liam

My situaltion is that I have a Pace Freeviw Box (old OnDigital) and a DVD with component out and I know I can improve the signal to my TW100 PJ by using upscalling and the DVI out.

Now the HD+ is out with HDMI and encoding. I will probable, in the future upgrade my HK DV25 to something with HDMI out and as the TW100 can't handle the encosing will use the HD+ to do that or am I wrong?

Will I notice a dference between componet in from my HD against HDMI from a HDMI player?

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Having spoke to Joe (Cheers) I have some clarity

I was hoping that the HD+ would get rid of the encoding but it doesn't :(

But If I upgrade to an HDMI enables PJ then the HD+ will upscale the image whereas the HD will not (pass thro only).

He has also suggested the LumagenDVI as being a cheaper alternative as, due to having the Tag, I do not need to delay processsing og the Iscan

Any thoughts on the above?