Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Isacn

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by petrolhead, Dec 20, 2004.

1. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    I discussed the merits of the Iscan HD a while ago with member including Liam

My situaltion is that I have a Pace Freeviw Box (old OnDigital) and a DVD with component out and I know I can improve the signal to my TW100 PJ by using upscalling and the DVI out.

Now the HD+ is out with HDMI and encoding. I will probable, in the future upgrade my HK DV25 to something with HDMI out and as the TW100 can't handle the encosing will use the HD+ to do that or am I wrong?

Will I notice a dference between componet in from my HD against HDMI from a HDMI player?

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Having spoke to Joe (Cheers) I have some clarity

I was hoping that the HD+ would get rid of the encoding but it doesn't :(

But If I upgrade to an HDMI enables PJ then the HD+ will upscale the image whereas the HD will not (pass thro only).

He has also suggested the LumagenDVI as being a cheaper alternative as, due to having the Tag, I do not need to delay processsing og the Iscan

Any thoughts on the above?