Question Is Zavvi ok to buy games from??

• Thread starter Deleted member 134693
  • Start date

Deleted member 134693

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a silly question. I've not had a console for a while and treated myself to an xbox one forza edition recently.

I'd like to order COD Black Ops 3 and found it on Zavvi for £37.99 which is quite a bit cheaper than Game etc.

Is there something I'm missing or is Zavvi safe to order from??

Thanks

Avoid them as and when possible. I like most have had issues with them. Only way I ever go back is due to the fact that somewhere else is sold out. I'd even pay more else where. There customer service stinks real bad.

Only purchased gh live from them because it was the cheapest and simply games had no Xbox stock.

SimplyGames definitely the one to go for as 99% of the time they dispatch early enough for you to be enjoying a Tuesday release on the Saturday.

SimplyGames definitely the one to go for as 99% of the time they dispatch early enough for you to be enjoying a Tuesday release on the Saturday.

Agree, simplygames are my go to online store. Always instantly dispatch my items and always get here next day. They are like what shopto used to be like before they put there prices up.

I tried to buy off simplygames but when trying to pay by credit card, it wouldn't continue until I'd created a paypal account which I don't want. Anyone else had that?

I tried to contact them about it, but they don't reply to emails, tweets, can't get through on the phone and their on-line help form requires an order number that I don't have.

I tried to buy off simplygames but when trying to pay by credit card, it wouldn't continue until I'd created a paypal account which I don't want. Anyone else had that?

I tried to contact them about it, but they don't reply to emails, tweets, can't get through on the phone and their on-line help form requires an order number that I don't have.

Yes I have had that issue in the past, whenever I tried to order using my Visa Credit Card it would fail but my Mastercard goes through but normally tend to use PayPal.

Hmmm. That's odd.

Perhaps I'll try with a different card. I've ordered from them in the past with no problem.

I would also advise against buying equipment too, pre ordered GH live and get an email saying it will arrive Monday. I'm an insanely unhappy bunny. never had a pre order fail to arrive on or before the release date.

My own fault though, should of paid the extra and got it from simply games.

Zavvi are notorious for delayed delivery. One of the reasons I will never order a ore release game from there, ever!!

When do simplygames take the money?

Time of purchase or when the game has been dispatched?

I ordered black ops this morning from simply games and its showing as pending in my transactions and took the money from my available balance so it looks like they take it at time of purchase rather than dispatch.

Tried to order from simplygames again but it wanted me to set up a paypal account no matter what card I used. So I ordered from zavvi.

I'm not quite sure why you have to add your PayPal details either. I had to when ordering COD but paid using my normal debit card and its took the money from my bank account as if I'd paid with my card.

They ring fence the money for a few days but it will be released and won't be taken until the game ships.

I wish I'd gone with someone else as simply games are useless.

Said my game was shipped Wednesday 1st class nothing yesterday, nothing today and I can't get hold of anyone on the number provided on the website!

I certainly won't be using them again!!!

Their lack of customer support is very disappointing but the game not arriving is likely 100% down to Royal Mail.

Their lack of customer support is very disappointing but the game not arriving is likely 100% down to Royal Mail.

Agreed. It took my local sorting office 5 days for a 1st Class item a few weeks back.

I've not really had any bad experience with RM. The only couple of rare occasions I've had where things don't turn up on time is when they don't arrive at all.

I was a little surprised thinking it was going to turn up yesterday but wasn't massively disappointed it was there. However I was positive it would of been here when I finished work and nothing!!

I e-mailed SG at 12.30 today to ask where my game was and tried ringing 6 times as well as leaving a message asking for them to call me, but nothing as of yet.

I have to admit I was really looking forward to having a couple of hours on it tonight as I'm away all weekend but guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed its here Monday now :-(

Always the way when you are looking forward to something which is why I try not to get excited about films/games anymore at least not to the point where if it doesn't arrive it ruins my mood for the weekend which has happened many times in the past.

As for their response you can be sure it will be something like this...

'We are sorry you have not yet received your item, please allow 14 days for delivery'

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom