Is Youview right for me

F1Fan72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've currently moved house and waiting to get into our new build. I was a Sky subscriber but I thought I would try to cut our monthly costs down so I thought I wouldn't renew and move over to Freeview.

From my perspective, all I want to carry on watching is the Discovery channel and Sky F1. So, could I just purchase a 2nd hand YouView box (any YouView box), and then pay for a NowTV subscription (and watch NowTV on this 2nd hand box)? Is this possible ?

...From my perspective, all I want to carry on watching is the Discovery channel and Sky F1. So, could I just purchase a 2nd hand YouView box (any YouView box), and then pay for a NowTV subscription (and watch NowTV on this 2nd hand box)? Is this possible ?

At present NOW TV on YouView does not offer the option of the entertainment channels but they are supposed to be coming "soon".
In the mean time you could get these with the NOW TV Box.

You might also consider changing ISP to TalkTalk and subscribe to their Plus TV package.
This is a very cost effective way of getting the YouView box and offers a very flexible approach to accessing content from Sky (you can opt in and out on a monthly basis).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom