1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is XXX with Vin Diesel on R2 out Yet?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by S.S.Dhuper, Dec 28, 2002.

1. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I've seen the R3 version on CD WOW for £12.99 but there's no mention of the R2, I've also checked on PLAY but it's not even on their web site, is the R3 worth buying in terms of picture quality,special features,audio??

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    XXX hasn't long finished its cinema run i wouldn't expect to see it too soon on R2

3. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVDs are usually out 6 months after their cinema release date.

So xXx should be out March/April time since it's UK release was 18 October.

In the US, it was out during the summer hence the December DVD date.

4. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    R2 rumoured to be released at the end of march

source DVD monthly

5. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Should I buy the R3 from CD WOW or wait for R2???

6. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    No sure of the specs for the R3, but region 3 dvd's tend to have little or no special features, the R2 will probably be the same as the R1, if you want to wait go for the region 2 or why not just get the R1?

7. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Yes. I was a bit mystified by this thread. Presumably we are multiregion otherwise we wouldn't be considering R3. So do we have a 'down' on R1 for some reason.........?

8. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Have just ordered it as R3 from CD-WOW and it worked out at £11.99 using voucher and thread !

The R3 seems to have all the same features as the R1 including one extra featurette.

Also the US R1 is RCE encoded so it maybe problematic for some multiregion players.

All in all it's not a brilliant film but for that price it's probably worth having this early.

9. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've got the R1 version, am I the only one thinking that the DD 5.1 448kbps mix isn't as exciting as it could have been? (tried on both Marantz SR5200 and Sony STR-VA555ES), at least compared with other titles, perhaps this is because it's a single disc release and theyve squashed lots of extras on it? It's by Columbia Tristar so perhaps theyre going to do a superbit version... IMHO they should have done that in the first place and put the extras on another disc or make it a dual layer dual sided disk with the extras on the other side.

----
    Sony KV24LS35, STR-VA555ES, DVP-NS700V, B&W 602s, B&W 600S3, MA Silver 10, Rel Q150, Pace DTVA.

10. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought it was a great track with a bit excessive use of our dear old LFE:D
    I've got the R1 (my Tosh220 seems to handle RCE) and recommend it. unless u want DTS (wait for Superbit) or u need R2 then go for any R2 that is not cut (ie German, french, dutch...)
    I would avoid the UKR2 as it's cut. (if u care)
    Dunno about R3.
    HTH

BTW: according to the R2project xXx will retail 24/3/03 either on it's own or u can also buy it in a XXX - BOX SET [with Fast & Furious, Pitch Black]

11. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I got the R3 from cd-wow & agree with the comment about how "low key" the sound was considering the wallop that TF&TF had - I had to crank up the volume well past the normal "wall shaking" settings on xXx
    I must say after all the stick it has been taking I was pleasantly suprised by the film itself - not Citizen Kane by any stretch of the imagination but what can you expect from Vin & the team from TF&TF - BTW the director mentions in one of his interviews that TF&TF has sold 6 million copies on DVD (!)
    Paul ;)