Is war about to break???

Not according to the Indian times.

"WASHINGTON: The CIA and other top US intelligence officials have confirmed that North Korea possesses nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles capable of striking California and possibly further inland into continental America, amid similar assertions from Pyongyang.

The disclosure came in dramatic fashion during a Senate hearing on Wednesday, when, faced with questions on the subject, CIA Director George Tenet turned around to confer with his intelligence colleagues before affirming that yes, North Korea had crossed the ballistic-nuclear rubicon as far as US was concerned."

Unfortunately the West doesn't have a great record when it comes to assessing other countries military capabilities. Think Iraq and WMD...

Phil

Philly112 said:
Unfortunately the West doesn't have a great record when it comes to assessing other countries military capabilities. Think Iraq and WMD...

Phil

There's a difference between deliberately lying to justify an oil related war and misjudging. ;-)

North Korea has asked Russia to consider the possibility of evacuating staff from its embassy in Pyongyang due to increasing tension on the Korean Peninsula, a spokesman for the Russian embassy said by phone from Pyongyang on Friday.

The spokesman, Denis Samsonov, said that Russia was examining the request but was not planning to evacuate at this stage, and that there were no outward signs of tension in the North Korean capital.

Hmmm? This sounds like a good indicator to me.

A mate of mine was working in South Korea as a teacher, quite close to Seoul, wasn't sure if he was still out there or not, then about 2 days ago I saw him walking about town. When I talked to him last he wasn't all that worried about the NK threats, but said if things got dicey he would come home. I guess he saw sense.

Is this North Korea creating some leverage on sanctions? We rattle the sabre, you 'talk us down' on condition of reduced sanctions? NK media claims the West backed down with no way for the people to disprove it, the Western media carry story of successful negotiations.

Embassies have just advised all foriengers to leave NK.

Crazy or brave:

KIm_zpsb47475ad.jpg

Oh and anyone thought up a good name for the future Op yet?

Last edited:
I just read the April 10 date? Could be an indicator?

The impact on SK would be too large from using a big bomb - they'd just target nuclear facilities with traditional weapons or even mini nuke payloads before invading to finish the job. This is what my civ 5 experience tells me :laugh:

North Korea has around 1 million troops, and around 60,000 highly trained special forces. Who would attempt to pull off impossible missions against South Korea and US interests in the region. A ground war would cost hundreds of thousands of lives (if not millions) and would not be a cake walk for the US. As far as bombing goes - B-2 Stealth Bombers either armed with Nuclear weapons (the original purpose for the bomber) or Bunker busting bombs. Originally designed to take out North Korea's nuclear sites funnily enough.

The US would rather avoid a ground war with North Korea as would China. So expect the Chinese to have a quiet word with Kim Jong Un and co before too long. Take away Chinese money and North Korea is screwed.

Personally think China will basically say to NK if you attack USA you are on your own, they will soon think again

I would guess that there is a political power struggle going on between Kim Jong Un and his sister. Hence all the posturing and threats. He might also be following in his Grandfather and Fathers footsteps - Threaten War to win concessions from the US, once won go back to less sabre rattling. As far as China goes, they would only get involved if US troops invaded the North. The big thing China does not want is a lot of North Koreans streaming over the borders into China. It will be interesting to see if the Chinese flex their muscles over this.

If things do kick off, then I'd be surprised if WW3 can be avoided.

I really arent worried about North Korea. The rhetoric coming from the USA in the last few decades or so has been far more concerning than the stuff coming out of North Korea in the last week. Plus the stance of North Korea actually becomes a little more understandable (although still completely loony tunes) when you consider the show of military strength by South Korea and the global mafia don that took place right on its borders just before all the sabre rattling started.

Now i listened to a speech given a couple of days ago by Prime Minister Netenyahu of Israel which was addressed to United Nations and he blew a lot of hot air which was far more worrying than anything coming out of North Korea. He was banging on about Iranian aggression with some real emotional propaganda and yet he failed to mention that Iran has invaded only one country in the last 300 years and conveniently left out his own countries murderous invasions of which there have been many in what is a short but exceptionally violent history.

The chief lieutenant in the global mafia ring upped the ante even further when he starts muttering on about how the hour is late. During the full 30 minutes of his drivel he kept talking about how Iran is developing a nuclear bomb like it was fact (which it most definitely isnt) and how Iran should not be allowed to get nuclear weapons (although it is ok for Israel to secretly hoard them of course). He then gets into some right nonsense about red lines. It would be funny if it wasnt... the dude even got out a crude picture of a cartoon like bomb and started drawing red lines. Anyways anytime suspicion is portrayed as fact then one can be sure war is coming... but it isnt with North Korea.

As far as the NPT is concerned at least North Korea did at one time sign up. India, Pakistan (one bullet away from a full on right wing Islamic takeover) and Israel (led by true believers) have never signed and all have enough nuclear weapons to lay waste to vast portions of the earth. Israel hasnt even publicly admitted they have them but backed to the hilt by America they can get away with it with nary a bat of the eyelid. The USA our benevolent master is even (almost) guilty of proliferating nuclear missiles considering they have loaned the weapons to five European countries (as part of a NATO pact to scare the Russians). Mad thing is Iran as an NPT signatory has as much right as we do to enrich uranium but of course the facts are simply ignored and become irrelevant to the mass media and our great leaders when they start talking about ‘them'.

I am with the other dude. Poverty could quite easily have been eradicated and everyone living in very nice gaffs all round the world if the coinage hadnt been siphoned off into nuclear missile and military development... hell we could even have a colony on Mars by now or an alternative to oil based transport (which is desperately needed). A total waste of money, resources and pretty terminal for the world.

The US is merely posturing to remind the North Koreans who they are dealing with - The World's biggest military industrial complex capable of rendering any nation it chooses back into the stone age with Hydrogen bombs.
I'd be more worried if President Bush was still in Office, Obama takes his time to come to a decision.

The money spent on Nuclear Weapons development would have been spent on something else as equally useless other than the positive aspects of Nuclear Science. The fact is weapons of war pushes up the pace of technological development. As for Iran, you do not need more than around 3% Enriched Uranium for Nuclear reactors. Nor do you need thousands of centrifuges buried under mountains to produce weapons grade uranium and so on.

I really arent worried about North Korea. The rhetoric coming from the USA in the last few decades or so has been far more concerning than the stuff coming out of North Korea in the last week. Plus the stance of North Korea actually becomes a little more understandable (although still completely loony tunes) when you consider the show of military strength by South Korea and the global mafia don that took place right on its borders just before all the sabre rattling started.

Now i listened to a speech given a couple of days ago by Prime Minister Netenyahu of Israel which was addressed to United Nations and he blew a lot of hot air which was far more worrying than anything coming out of North Korea. He was banging on about Iranian aggression with some real emotional propaganda and yet he failed to mention that Iran has invaded only one country in the last 300 years and conveniently left out his own countries murderous invasions of which there have been many in what is a short but exceptionally violent history.

The chief lieutenant in the global mafia ring upped the ante even further when he starts muttering on about how the hour is late. During the full 30 minutes of his drivel he kept talking about how Iran is developing a nuclear bomb like it was fact (which it most definitely isnt) and how Iran should not be allowed to get nuclear weapons (although it is ok for Israel to secretly hoard them of course). He then gets into some right nonsense about red lines. It would be funny if it wasnt... the dude even got out a crude picture of a cartoon like bomb and started drawing red lines. Anyways anytime suspicion is portrayed as fact then one can be sure war is coming... but it isnt with North Korea.

As far as the NPT is concerned at least North Korea did at one time sign up. India, Pakistan (one bullet away from a full on right wing Islamic takeover) and Israel (led by true believers) have never signed and all have enough nuclear weapons to lay waste to vast portions of the earth. Israel hasnt even publicly admitted they have them but backed to the hilt by America they can get away with it with nary a bat of the eyelid. The USA our benevolent master is even (almost) guilty of proliferating nuclear missiles considering they have loaned the weapons to five European countries (as part of a NATO pact to scare the Russians). Mad thing is Iran as an NPT signatory has as much right as we do to enrich uranium but of course the facts are simply ignored and become irrelevant to the mass media and our great leaders when they start talking about ‘them’.

I am with the other dude. Poverty could quite easily have been eradicated and everyone living in very nice gaffs all round the world if the coinage hadnt been siphoned off into nuclear missile and military development... hell we could even have a colony on Mars by now or an alternative to oil based transport (which is desperately needed). A total waste of money, resources and pretty terminal for the world.

Its funny how wherever and whenever theres conflict in the world, even if it was in Greenland,someones got to get in a dig about Israel....

I don't think Kim Jong-Un is the problem. I'm more worried about his military advisors Kil Yan Kee, Noo Kem, Chu Tem and Wi Kan Win. ;)

boltlock said:
I don't think Kim Jong-Un is the problem. I'm more worried about his military advisors Kil Yan Kee, Noo Kem, Chu Tem and Wi Kan Win. ;)

Lol

Bill Hicks said:
You forgot to mention Fook Yu, North Koreas foreign affairs minister.

And the presidents real name in NK is Sum Yung Kid..!

and remember in korea a dogs for christmas dinner not life......:devil:

You forgot to mention Fook Yu, North Koreas foreign affairs minister.

Also the rather clumsy Defence Minister, Ah-Bang mah fah kin nee :D

553895_10151396605863546_1358808137_n_zps59f1d837.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom