Is war about to break???

Saggy

Just listening to the news.... Dud I just hear correctly. North Karea approved to deploy rockets and possibly nuclear against America?

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
America have just revealed their latest weapon in retaliation of Korea......

British troops

jono987

America could hit NK from a variety of places within hours with enough payload to level the whole place, nothing will happen.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Lets face it, China wouldn't mind being rid of the dictatorship.
The only problem would be the little people who would die.

jono987

Personally think China will basically say to NK if you attack USA you are on your own, they will soon think again

IronGiant

Just listening to the news.... Did I just hear correctly. North Korea approved to deploy rockets and possibly nuclear against America?

Their nuclear weapons can't reach the US, or so we have been told. They maybe able to deploy against US troops in the area, but that's rather different.

aVdub

Banned
If it did kick off then I predict China will sit and watch while America plows Zillions into a ground war it cannot win and one that might speed up China's place as the next super power.

Jules

Distinguished Member
Everyone assumes that because logic and reason suggests North Korea would be destroyed if they did anything that they won't do anything.

However, it seams that the young and inexperienced North Korean leader is devoid of logic and reason, so maybe we shouldn't be so confident nothing will happen.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
If it did kick off then I predict China will sit and watch while America plows Zillions into a ground war it cannot win and one that might speed up China's place as the next super power.

If they attack all it will take is 1 nuke, less hassle and job done.

phil t

paul1979

Distinguished Member
Sky china correspondent gives a good wright up often!

jassco

Distinguished Member
If they attack all it will take is 1 nuke, less hassle and job done.

The impact on SK would be too large from using a big bomb - they'd just target nuclear facilities with traditional weapons or even mini nuke payloads before invading to finish the job. This is what my civ 5 experience tells me :laugh:

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
The only way they could get a nuke to america is to load it into several container truck , drive it over and reassemble it in a large warehouse over the next 4 years.

NK is an evil nasty regime that treats its own people deplorably.

They need excising like a tumour.

Making empty threats is one thing ; declaring war against another countries with threats involving nuclear weapons whether real or imaginary is a whole different ball game.

Obama is now facing groundswell disapproval over NK from the general public in the US.

They are asking themselves why they have engaged in real wars with Iraq ( a former US ally) and Afghanistan ( totally incapable of mounting any serious threat to the West) and yet ignore some backwards dictatorship that treats its own people at about the same level the Nazis treated the Jews ; attacks and kills people in its neighbouring country ( a US ally) , kidnaps foreign citizens (from other US allies) , threatens nuclear war , has one of the worst human rights records in history and still demands foreign aid despite financing its nuclear program at the cost of countrywide famine.

Take them out I say. I reckon it would be over in 3 days.

DrWise

Banned
i wouldn't put it past north korea
could this possibly be world war 3

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Juts thinking about this- I'm a stones throw from Gibraltar Barracks, not far from Sandhurst Military academy, North camp, Deepcut and Arborfield.

I think it would just go white for a few seconds and it would all be over very quickly for me and my family which would be better than a slow death.

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
The Generals no doubt enjoy all the perks in North Korea, their choice of dog breed for lunch etc. Actual fighting would ruin things for them. Kim might 'have an accident'.

"We only have 45 minutes I tells ya! Will somebody please think of the children..."

19828_691.jpg

Last edited:
Wahreo said:
Juts thinking about this- I'm a stones throw from Gibraltar Barracks, not far from Sandhurst Military academy, North camp, Deepcut and Arborfield.

I think it would just go white for a few seconds and it would all be over very quickly for me and my family which would be better than a slow death.

Afraid not, these targets would all be most likley to be approx 1.4 kiloton ground bursts spread over a significant period of time (maybe days, but certainly hours) to avoid fracticide. It's your softer targets that would get the bigger (1 MT plus) air bursts at approx 6000 feet...that'll give you a few milliseconds of searing pain then death :)

Nuclear war planning is a "hobby" of mine...all kicked off by a marvellous book called "a 100 suns"

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Afraid not, these targets would all be most likley to be approx 1.4 kiloton ground bursts spread over a significant period of time (maybe days, but certainly hours) to avoid fracticide. It's your softer targets that would get the bigger (1 MT plus) air bursts at approx 6000 feet...that'll give you a few milliseconds of searing pain then death :)

Nuclear war planning is a "hobby" of mine...all kicked off by a marvellous book called "a 100 suns"

Ahh well, I won't remove all my doors to make a shelter just yet:D

HouseTonyStark

Soo:

I dont think this is Kim Jong Un's direct decision to put all of this stuff out, i would argue perhaps its their military propoganda doing most of the talking. Which yes is to do with his inexperience, but i seem to remember reading he was more militaristic thatn is father.

secondly, i doubt anyone would full on nuke NK due to the humanitarian angle. in this day and age it just wouldnt happen. more likely they will send a tonne of planes in to wipe out key military areas with precision conventional weapons, and yes send in ground crews to clear up. could end up with SK taking over the whole place, but we shall see.

finally, you have to ask yourself how effective a war campaign is going to be when you tell the entire world you are aiming your missiles, whjen you know that the enemy knows where said missile launchers are. its just plain stupid.

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
I still feel China will tell the boy Kim Jong Un to come in for his tea if this shows any signs of escalating further. A regional conflict isn't in their interest even if it does serve to weaken America, South Korea and Japan. China's success is built on world trade.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio