• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

is vp30 for me

halcs

Established Member
thinking of buying vp30+120d card but before i do i just wonder if this is the solution for me and wonder if anyone can answer the following question.
at the moment i have a hdmi lead only running to my screenplay 7205 and also have hdmi lead running to my external media reciever for my pioneer 435 xde display but my wife likes watching movies on the plasma when im not in but i watch all on projector. Wondering if i can connect both up through scaler,also want to connect up xbox 360 and my denon 3910 as my film source through scaler and wonder if it also makes vast or any improvement to picture that i already have through player. Have experienced problems with macroblocking between dvd player and projector and wonder if scaler will sort out this issue also.

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
There's only one HDMI out of the vp30 so you'd have to use a splitter to feed 2 sources. The other alternative is to use analog for one of them & switch between the outputs (this can be somewhat automated) but that's not possible for anything using HDCP.

The ABT102 ought to be noticeably better than the Denon at DVD, although macroblocking or other MPEG noise isn't going to be something it can solve.

halcs

Established Member
thanks for the reply its just that i didnt want to spend money upgrading rest of equipment as it can be a costly buisness but wanted a solution for mainly connecting up xbox etc to projector i should have ran component as well but now that room has been repainted etc you could imagine what the wife would say if i wanted to put more cables in

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom