Is Vista Home Edition good for gaming???

ocelot20

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi is this good for games like Halo2 and stuff. I have a laptop with windows xp on. And I only use the internet on it. So I want to play games on it now. So will this be ok 4 games like halo 2.

You get higher framerates with XP, upto 15% in some cases.

I know but as there is like 5 differnt versions of VISTA out like Home Premium and Home basic and others. So will Home basic be ok then? and will there be any probelms with it. Like me dad is worrying it will break my laptop (dont ask he is like this with everything). So will everthing be fine is there any problems with Vita anyhow.

Don't buy Vista, quite a few have gone back to XP. Use a trail version and see what you think of it (driver/hardware support and general games performance)

Vista requires more higher spec hardware, mostly on the CPU but also graphics. Unless you disable Aero.

Don't buy Vista, quite a few have gone back to XP. Use a trail version and see what you think of it (driver/hardware support and general games performance)

Vista requires more higher spec hardware, mostly on the CPU but also graphics. Unless you disable Aero.

Where do i get the Trial Version of Vista from?and how much is cost.

Errrr there is no trial version of Vista...

Sure there is a 30 day trial period, after you buy the software - you can chose not to enter the product key. And Vista will run for 30 days in trial mode*. At the end of the trial mode you can either enter the product and activate and contine using Vista, or you can re-install XP.

*It is possible to extend the trial period to 90 days.

So you have to buy Vista, then use the "trial" and if you don't like it, get the money back? :confused:

I tried Vista on a mates PC, didn't like it...went back to XP.

So If I buy Vista there will be a 30 day trial in there and if am not happy with it I can go back to Xp and sell or get a refund Vista.

vista is more intensive, and whilst the gadgets are good i see no real reason for anyone to upgrade currently, unless of course you want the "latest" OS. But having run Vista from it's Longhorn days when it was really a BETA, I can confirm that I have now gone back to XP after 18 months as I simply couldn't get used to the performance difference.

Install Vista and things are ok to begin with, but gradually it will drown your PC unless it's quick. XP doesn't, and whilst it might not be the best technically, you probably wouldn't notice any difference other than visually.

Bring on Vista SP2 :)

XP doesn't, and whilst it might not be the best technically, you probably wouldn't notice any difference other than visually.
OK you can't get all the flashy transparency effects, but I have skinned my XP with styleXP and it still looks quite slick (imo :p). And it uses no extra ram!

Yeah, Vista Home is good enough for gaming, but is your laptop good enough for gaming?

Errrr there is no trial version of Vista...

Sure there is a 30 day trial period, after you buy the software - you can chose not to enter the product key. And Vista will run for 30 days in trial mode*. At the end of the trial mode you can either enter the product and activate and contine using Vista, or you can re-install XP.

*It is possible to extend the trial period to 90 days.

Actually you can download a trial version of Vista Enterprise from the MS Website.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom