Is Virgin Media getting worse?

Has Virgin got worse in last year to two years?

• Total voters

fortisflyer75

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else who has been with Virgin Media/Mobile for a long number of years noticing they are becoming less competitive and actually customer service is deteriorating especially with calls centre's been handled by off shore countries like the Philippines?

I have been a VM customer last 11 years for BB & phone only and a Virgin Mobile customer since 1997.

With Virgin Media I was paying around £67 for 60Meg BB and XL phone and a few years ago Virgin sold it to me to go with a Virgin large TV package with big standard box even though I only use Sky for my TV they said doing this would save me £4 on my current bill so thought why not as I knew from their POV doing this is one foot in the door to gradually try and leverage more money on bigger and better set top box offers equating to more income to them and essentially the £4 gain would be wiped out the following end of tax year with their normal price hike they all now do which cancelled that out but recently due to some other stuff happening I decided to tighten my belt up a little and looked at my packages carefully for the first time in ages and phoned Virgin Media up regarding my home package and after the British call centre helped me by providing some info and making some decisions from there to tailor the package to what i currently needed I said drop the TV I don't use but need to upgrade the XL phone to XXL and reduce the BB speed from 60meg to 30 as I do not heavily use it for downloading big files or streaming much so they managed to do this for £41.76 a month and apparently dumping the TV which was given at no extra charge a few years ago saved me £15 a month!?

So I was pleased with this despite not been told by the guy who sorted this out on the phone was done at a 18 month discounted rate which I don't know what it is meant to go up to come the end of that term, only first knew of this when i got the first re-amended bill through with the new package listed and thought well another phone call in 18 months time to haggle but recently in last couple of months I for the first time ever when my Virgin Mobile two year contract which was up for renewal even with long term customer loyalty deal done was far worse than the offer made two years prior and was not much better than any other network was offering out there especially now Virgin Mobile has changed it's financial way they sell Monthly contract phones and dumped the 08 phone packages on monthly high end contract smart phones which was one of the main attractions to my last mobile tariff from Virgin but basically without going deep into the mobile side of this even after the retention's department making me a further offer it was still no where near what they offered two years earlier or vastly different to what is available else where anyway so the day thought I would never come I actually left them and went with another mobile network for two years with a new handset and three months into my revised cheaper Virgin Media package I have the following has happened:

Two weeks ago whilst on holiday I get a Virgin Media call from a Philippines cal centre to talk about my package and doing a deal as been a loyal customer but as I was outside with ambient noise and several minutes later the lady not understanding my posh Essex phone dialect I could not understand the lady all of the time with her local dialect but was able to deduct she was saying to me as been a loyal customer the wanted to look at my package and make it cheaper if they could and offer me a faster BB speed with a new shiny HUB 2 wi-fi router as I currently only have the HUB 1 Wi-Fi router and it was not until the end of the conversation with me explaining my recent revised package which I dumped the non used Virgin TV she then slips in a new TV package which come with (I think a Tivo box) (even though the guy who dealt with my initial revised package a couple of months ago said to have TV switched back on would incur something like a £70 fee to re-activate as they was deactivating that service for me) but anyway the price was then higher than my new revised price so said to her please can you phone next week when I am back from my holidays as it was just getting more complex and confusing on a mobile phone with background noise so she said fine.

Come following Monday I miss the first two calls and then since then I have received two to three calls a day from them without fail and most of the calls I have not been able to answer and as it has continued each day after each missed call it has escalated to an immediate voice mail been left by them with no recording which then triggers my networks friendly text reminder i have a voice mail all in 5 seconds of call ring ending. eventually yesterday evening I am actually free to take the call knowing it could take a while and once again it is the Philippine call centre the other end and after the usual scripted can I call you Mr. First name basis with still emphasising the MR. every time they call me by my first name I am having the usual problems of her not understanding me and vice versa so stop her in her tracks and say sorry the line is bad this end and explain dialect making it hard for both of us to have a free flowing conversation which could end twice as fast if it was a British call centre so said to her it would be best if a British call centre called me for reasons above and after taking two attempts to get her to understand this as she was just keeping to the script they are given I clearly said please get the UK team to phone me please, she said okay and bye.

Tonight I get a call again from Philippines (after one missed call from them today) going through the same groundhog call so try stopping her before she can go further but has selective hearing and try's to ignore me trying to explain stop there because.... then after deciding to listen took a further two attempts of me ending up been rather blunt telling her no more call's it is getting silly two to three calls a day and the dialect issues over the phone please only call me again if it the UK team and she said sorry and bye!

With all the above I have gone with been a fairly happy Virgin customer with the odd couple of issues which were usually dealt with swiftly at the time and resolved but last two months have gone from Virgin Mobile been very uncompetitive with their stiffer tariffs with less value for money and again as always half cocked offer on handsets to all the other networks which has improved last few years although still far from perfect have left them after 18 years and now this with the Virgin Media side with an harassment amount of daily phone call attempts and then always the Philippine call centre which is a two way language barrier and been obviously scripted for sales and not been able to diversify in conversation when you ask them a challenging question and they play ignorant going back to glossing over your question and go back to the script of talking about the product they are offering you.

For those of you still with me on this structured rant which I never really do I am very fast getting disillusioned with their working practices and deteriorating customer service as well as not been as competitive of late with their Mobile phone packages which lead me to leave them after 17 years of loyal usage.

Just to cap off I also had a technical issue with my BB over last three months or so but thought it was my laptop causing it to have issues with drop out with the router but still happened when I got a new laptop and last month got quite severe to the fourth week of it happening finally calling them out as drop outs where halting internet usage all together and that was a mess with their service with false call out texts and cancellations finally got fixed and was a faulty junction box issue and replaced my Hub as it seemed to be part of the issue possibly and when I asked on the phone about reimbursement for lost internet usage over at least last month which they can see on their records of service performance history to your line they said you have to email customer support explaining it all now days instead of them been able to just adjust your bill over the phone to reflect any service loss so is this true? has anyone else experienced this or have I been fobbed off?

Also noticed since downgrading from 60 meg to 30 as part of my cost cutting package exercise they have supercharged me once again to 50 meg on my BB without any prior fan fare emails notifying me like they normally do when they supercharge or upgrade your speed so not sure why they have done that after I've basically downgraded to the 30 meg service from 60 recently?

To wrap up for anyone bothered reading this far has anyone started to experience this type of service from them or think that their level of standards is slipping in terms of customer service or the way they are operating currently?

Don't get me wrong I had heard some "horror" stories down the years about other Virgin customers having issues with them but most part all my experiences with them every time was positive in the way they dealt with things unless it is just my turn to go through it all and I've been lucky down the years until now has just been all a coincidental timing wave of issues lap up on my shores all at the same time?...

Last edited:
I have to say that my experiences are just the opposite. I have down-graded my TV package a couple of times in order to reduce costs and the instruction has been expedited immediately and my bill adjusted. Technical breakdowns on TV and broadband are pretty rare and sorted out within hours. My phone contact with them has been to, apparently, UK sources. I was provided with a superhub2 which was installed without cost.

Last week I renewed my mobile phone contract after shopping around to see what deals are available elsewhere. I came to the conclusion that the phone I wanted, a Sony Z3 was very competitively priced with VM and visited my local VM store. They were very courteous and helpful and did not put any pressure on me. In fact, without asking, the assistant looked at my usage record and suggested that I could make a saving by coming down a tariff. The phone was available in store and was set up for me so I walked out with working new phone. He also had a look at my TV/Broadband package not to sell me anything but to see if it could be trimmed in any way. I was happy with how things were. Couldn't be better service in my book. Personally I would not deal with a call from the Philippines, or anywhere else outside the UK, from Virgin or anyone else. They are invariably on commission and 'offers' though attractive are short lived. Also the language difficulty often arises and the fact they are usually working to a script and have little knowledge beyond that. I thought VM had dropped these services.

Loyalty deals seem to be a thing of the past and inevitably there will always be price rises in line with just about every service we receive.

Nice post Mike7, Thanks for managing to read all that!

I had never had this in all my time with them until recently and feels like it has been one thing after another in a short period of time, the mobile phone contract was bit of a surprise and not really as they were doing be a superb deal with my original Sony Z two years ago and even the retentions dept (which is always UK for me) even admitted they made a rod of their own back with those loyalty deals and could not keep up with doing them as balance of cost effectiveness meant they had to knock these super deals on the head as the contract financially has changed with the new tarriffs in effect so the business model has changed in terms of packages they do now because of this. I could not walk into store as the offer put to me was solely still as a loyalty customer in retentions dept but even with this offer was a case of gain on one thing lose on another thing within the package compared to other networks and truth be told the HTC M9 had only just literally come out so was not much wiggle room for them to work with such a new handset. It was my call and to a degree wonder if I done the right thing as even though I have a fairly good deal with a log of haggling with EE on a new Exclusive Gold M9 will be swings and roundabouts probably in terms of service which I still yet to experience when needed with them when and if it arises! The Z3+ was two weeks away from been officially announced when I purchased my M9 so was slightly gutted as the Sony still has some tricks worthwhile the M9 does not do despite having the Sense feel HTC do.

Anyway my more disappointment has been on the Media side of late just the way they are operating and dealt with my most recent technical issue with broadband which was a bit of a cock up one after the other which had never encountered before with them but left me with the impression things had changed at Virgin with that experience.

My revised package I'm now on is cheaper and am paying that amount (although not told it was 18 months duration at point of sale on phone not including annual price rise). Virgin are set up like Sky to offer deals in bundles and make it seem you are getting a good deal without realizing you are probably paying more for items you do not really need, it is quite a clever model they both use which works for a vast majority of people that just pay the bill each month without questioning it.

I am still open to hearing them out on this latest offer if it was to be a British call centre if it is not mutton dressed as lamb for sake of someone's commission (referring to Philippine agents) to get a package deal tied down for what usually is a twelve month contract to stop you leaving to someone like Sky or now even BT, that's the bottoms line to these phone calls essentially even when they say: "as you a loyalty customer"..

Virgin will never drop using the overseas call centres to deal with less priority phone calls or sales side especially when UK is overloaded. My best experiences have always come from the Geordie call centres, not just Virgin either, they are another breed the way they get trained and deal with things in that neck of the woods, But to have a Philippines call centre keep calling up has been unusual even by Virgin standards and will be dealing with this subject soon when I get time to get through to a British Call centre to sort this out as still not impressed I now apparently need to do an email to look at getting a partial refund for loss of services instead of a phone conversation dealt with there and then.

I am hoping this is just a blip and has just been bad timing with the events of late that have unfolded for me with Virgin as apart from that down those 10 years with Media and 18 years with mobile it was on the whole reliable and what issues there was when they occurred they was handled a lot better than recently.

Always have tried to stay opened minded and give benefit of the doubt although this has been hard of late with what's happened but when it works it is the best BB around as am lucky to be in a cable area.

I only have basic broadband with Virgin, which I've had for about 6 years and which has always worked reasonably well. However, I've had to ring them every year to debate their annual (un-notified) price increase and negotiate their so-called "loyalty" discount (why should you have to request a loyalty discount, surely this should be applied automatically?). However, I've recently changed my computer and haven't currently got email set up on it and so have been having to go to webmail to access my messages. Coincidentally, the very next day Virgin applied Captcha to the page requesting you to tick various (often unclear) pictures to confirm you're not a robot. Annoying or what!!! I have two accounts and having to keep performing this confirmation every single time I try to log into them is driving me crazy. If anyone from Virgin does happen to read this - please TAKE IT OFF!!!!

They do usually send out a letter a couple of months or so before a price rise with the stated amount it will be going up by which recent few years trending tends to be approx 3-4 a month which Sky also practices as standard each year and justify it is to maintain cutting edge technology to provide you with the best services possible, in truth in Sky's case it is to pay over paid ex Premiership footballers a large sum of money to talk a load of waffle and give us flops like 3D channel which was wasted money down the drain. £3-4 a month starts to add up when they are doing this each year hence why I adjusted my Virgin Media package lately and will be doing the same with Sky soon for my TV package as the one thing they should of stretched their huge budget on was to keep the Champions league which I think they will come to regret over time, could be the first major thing where Sky cock up which could affect their balance of equilibrium at the helm giving BT a leg up with Champs league, only time will tell...

Hope your not away from normal mail for too long as Captcha will become very frustrating over time having to keep doing that. I do believe Virgin are about to split with Google or have (not sure without checking) so the whole software you use on the server site end at Virgin is about to change so will no doubt have a completely new look and feel and maybe no Captcha?

Captcha has only just been introduced and although a proprietary Google service, has nothing to do with Virgin's dependancy on Google for email services. It has been introduced by Virgin for access to your Virgin account, be it email or any of the other services such as your online bill or the TV Anywhere service. Yes, Virgin are in the process of dissassociating themselves from Google mail after Google have said that they are no longer interested in providing email services for Virgin's customers:

Hello,

Your email service is about to get a mini-makeover. This email will tell you what’s happening, how it affects you and what to do next.

You might not know, but we worked hand-in-hand with Google to provide your email service. But now, they can no longer help us do this. So we’ve created our own. We’re looking forward to bringing you an even better service, jam-packed with more innovations over time.

What’s happening
Over the next three months, we’ll move from our old Google-based service to an all-new, and improved Virgin Media email service.

But don’t worry, all your old emails and contacts will be transferred over, safe and sound. Your email address and password will stay exactly the same too.

In fact, if you use our Webmail service, the main thing that’ll change is how the email service looks. Instead of the familiar Google layout, you’ll see our simple new Virgin Media email layout.

Sending, receiving and managing your emails on the new system will be a doddle. But it’s a good idea to get up to speed on all the changes and see how the new service looks by visiting virginmedia.com/emailswitch.

What to do next
We’ll be making the switch automatically over a 3 month period, so stand by to see your new look email service soon.

In the meantime, here’s what to do next:
- Check you’ve got the most up to date version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc), to access our new Webmail service hiccup-free.
- Unfortunately Google Talk won’t be available on the new email service - if you love keeping in touch this way, it’s easy to set up a new Google account and register for the Google Hangouts chat service.

- If you had filters or rules set up to help you manage your email, you’ll need to set these up again on the new service after the move.

- If you access any other mailboxes through your Virgin Media Mail, using services like Mail Fetcher or POP aggregation, you’ll need to set this up again after the move too.
All set? You’ll have the new email service at your fingertips soon.

And remember, just visit virginmedia.com/emailswitch to make sure you’re all set for the big day.
Happy emailing,

The Virgin Media team

Football or any other premier Sport service should not be allowed to effect the general price of non Sports TV packages. Why should those not wanting sports be forced to subsidise those who do? SKY have sports packages who's prices should reflect the cost of premier football rights, but these are additional packages. Virgin have bolt on BT Sports packages for those on the TV packages below the XL package, but Virgin are about to force an increase upon everyone on the XL package in order facilitate the BT Euro Sport channel even if you don't want it! Virgin specifically state that the inclusion of the BT Euro Sports channel is the reason for a planned rise in the price of the XL package in September, in fact the price increase is exactly the same increase that will be applied to the optional bolt on Sports package on offer to those subscribing to the TV packages below the XL package.

The price of your TV package is going up so we can bring you bigger, better entertainment.

Dear Customer,

The price you pay for your TV package is changing, and from 1 September 2015 it will go up by £3 a month. The great news is we’re giving you a brand new channel to enjoy, BT Sport Europe HD, on top of BT Sport 1 HD, 2 HD and BT Sport ESPN HD that you already get (Sky customers will have to pay up to £23.99 a month extra for all these channels). It means you can now enjoy live coverage of every UEFA Champions League game, and more.

This is wrong and unfair. I'd rather they not increase the subscription cost of the XL package and leave the Sports channels as additional channels that those who want them have to pay for separately! I'm effectively being forced to pay for something I don't want.

How's about they knock £24 off the price of the XL package and remove all the Sports channels I never asked for and never watch?

Last edited:
Quite agree. The price of sport has got out of all proportion with reality. How can footballers be worth millions of Pounds. Unfortunately these prices are passed on to consumers. I feel that people who want the sports services should be able to pay for it and not be subsidised by those who don't.

I've been a customer for 10 years yet have had to contact Executive Team 3 times in the last 2 years, never before that. Currently my BB drops out every few weeks and as I use it for work I'm not happy, they don't seem to want to resolve the issue so another CEO complaint has just been sent. The service I received from Tech Support was very patronising and a manager was due to call me back in 2 hours, 9 hours later and I'm still waiting.......

They do usually send out a letter a couple of months or so before a price rise with the stated amount it will be going up by

I pay them by Direct Debit and the only time I know my tariff has gone up is when I receive my statement showing an increased deduction. If I had selected to go for "paperless billing" I wouldn't even know that fast, only when I next received my bank statement.:(

Hope your not away from normal mail for too long as Captcha will become very frustrating over time having to keep doing that. I do believe Virgin are about to split with Google or have (not sure without checking) so the whole software you use on the server site end at Virgin is about to change so will no doubt have a completely new look and feel and maybe no Captcha?[/QUOTE said:
Yes, I received notification about their forthcoming split with Google. Ironically though, since yesterday, the Captcha has vanished from my page. Someone out there must have been watching/listening :clap:

The use of Captcha appears to have been stopped in relation to everyone's account login.

I'm getting sick of virginmedia. My wireless is hopeless, keeps dropping out on a daily basis - engineer visited Tuesday, couldn't fix the superhub 2 so replaced it with a new superhub 2 but failed to resolve the wireless issue. I've basically had to call virginmedia support on a daily basis for 2 weeks to be told to reboot the router/pull out the black and white cables, tell them what the lights are doing and blah blah blah. Rinse and repeat.

I'm told I can't have another engineer visit because I had one Tuesday. Then I'm told I can't have an engineer visit because the application at their end is unable to connect to my router (funny that) so they can't put the information on the ticket to tell the engineer what's wrong. So basically they're trying to fobbing me off with every excuse in the 'customer service' vm handbook. Unfortunately in my neck of the woods vm are the only fibre provider.

Quite agree. The price of sport has got out of all proportion with reality. How can footballers be worth millions of Pounds. Unfortunately these prices are passed on to consumers.
It could be argued that it's actually the other way around. Subscription TV services took off in the UK and the providers were making so much money off the subscribers that the rights become extremely valuable. The money that the league is making from selling the rights then gets shared amongst the clubs and then obviously distributed to the players through their wages.

If all UK subscribers cancelled their subscriptions to the sport channels things would change. But a lot of us love the fact that we can watch so much sport these days, a huge improvement over the old days where match of the day was the big thing.

I do agree that you shouldn't have to pay for the sport channels if you don't watch them, but why don't you just change your packages? I know that they tend to price these things up so that there are small increments, i.e. I hardly ever watch the movie channels, but because I subscribe to all the sports channels the movie channels were only a few quid extra a month, is it same the other way around? (p.s. that is based on some old packaging methodology, no idea how it works currently)

The proportion of money going to non premiership teams is disproportionately low when compared with the money going to to the top tier teams. The teams that need money are those that are actually getting less. How is this benefitting the game?

I don't watch football full stop so why the hell do I have to subsidise those that do? I don't give a damn as to how it effects the game or the teams., I don't want football to be accessible or care how accessible it is. It is up to its supporters to support it and not those not interested in it!

The XL package includes other features and channels that are not included with the lower tier packages. I can't get FOX HD with the other packages for example.

The Sports channels are the channels causing the increases, not only to the XL package but to subscription based TV in general. The whole football thing is preposterous and is now a money making machine as opposed to anything to do with the supporters of the sport. Look at how the Germans deal witth this for a better system. I've nothing against anyone who wishes to watch football, but I do not see why I have to subsidise their viewing habits? The most recent £3 rise was directly accredited to the introduction of the BT Euro Sport channel by Virgin themselves so the rises are not in relation to anything I'd get benefit from.

The bizare thing about this is that if you are on the lower tier packages then you can get the Sports channels as a bolt on extra and the Euro Sport channel isn't exclusive to the XL package. The new channel is included within the bolt on options for the exact same £3 that XL customers have no option but to pay. Why not simply deploy this right across the board and why assume all XL customers are willing to fork out another £3 to subsidise the price Virgin are having to pay BT? Surely a football fan would be willing to buy the sports channels as an extra as opposed to everyone having to pay for them whether they want them or not? Do the clubs let me in their stadiums for free? No so why assume those not interested in football should subsidise the cost of viewing rights for those that want to watch it?

Also note that if you are an XL customer and disagree with the Virgin and don't want to pay £3 for a channel you'll never watch then ring them. There'll reduce your bill by £3.

PS. I never watched Match of the Day either so fail to see its relevance when determining whether or not I should be paying for a channel I never asked for and will never watch?

More importantly, how much cheaper would the XL package be without the BT Sports channels being forcefully bundled into it????? The channels are only included so that Virgin can infer that they are free, but they aren't because their cost is factored into the price you are paying for the XL package. Without those channels the XL package would be substantially cheaper than it is.

Last edited:
Mate, if that was a response to me, I have got absolutely no idea what the relevance is.
  • More people want to watch Prem football than non-prem, market forces and all that.
  • I didn't say anything about benefiting the game, I said that it was an improvement for people who want to watch the game. Nothing to do with whether or not you have ever watched MOTD.
  • Not sure if your reading ability has deteriorated recently, but to re-cap: "I do agree that you shouldn't have to pay for the sport channels if you don't watch them".
  • I agree that things certainly seem to be better in Germany, but again, this comes down to the public simply not being willing to pay over-inflated subscriptions for their TV, good on them.

One other thing, what state would UK TV services be in if it wasn't for Sport, would Sky have taken off? Would cable even exist? Maybe it would, but I would be interested in thoughts.

P.S. I'm still DEFINITELY not saying that non sports fans should subsidise me...

Sorry, but Sport is not something those not wanting it should have to subsidise for those who want it. Whether you agree or not isn't important because it is what has been done. I see no reason why anyone supporting something with such zeal cannot stump up the money to pay for it without being dependant upon those who don't want it to subsidise it? The whole idea is that you pay the teams for watching the match on TV via the rights payed to the FA. Thats the whole concept behinh the FA selling the rights to the broadcasters. You wouldn't expect to visit a stadium and watch a match for free so why expect to get it via the TV for free? It isn't a right, but then again it isn't a cost that should be imposed upon everyone irrespective of whether they want it or not. I've othing against football fans, but they should pay for the television rights out of their own pockets and not expect everyone to subsidise televised sports. It is as silly as having me stood at the turnstiles paying for a perfect stranger to enter a stadium and watch a game at my expense.

Unlike Virgin, SKY and BT sell sports as separate packages to those who want them. Virgin Media is imposing the costs upon many of their XL customers who never requested sports. They offer the exact same sports channels to their lower tier package customers as bolt on channels so why are the XL customers being asked to pay extra and subsidise the prices being paid for these sports channel? Why doesn't Virgin simply remove all the sports channels from the XL package, charge every XL customer less and offer the sports channels as additional bolt on channels? Why are XL customers being penalised and being used to subsidise the cost of these channels both to Virgin and to those on lower tier package who pay for them as additional bolt on channels?

Cable was never introduced to carry sports and Virgin or those who previously owned the network have never entered into the bidding wars associated with the likes of SKY and BT. When have Virgin, NTL etc ever had their own sports channels? Cable would exist without sports. You're actually funding BT and SKY even if viewing Sports via cable. From what I'm seeing, the most recent increase has lead to may Virgin customer jumping ship so not at all sure how sports have helped sustain cable?

What should ultimately happen is that all bundled pay TV should be scraped. Give me the free to air channels for free and the options to add the extra channels I want to add on a channel for channel basis.

Last edited:
It's quite simple really, if you don't like the virgin packages don't join or leave.

Really? So me complaining and not having to then pay the increase was a waste of time then?????

And if they hadn't obliged me then I would have left Virgin. This is someone who hates SKY for moral reasons, but would have considered jumping off Virgin's ship and paying SKY for their TV provision. I'm rapidly losing faith in Virgin and I've been a cable customer for over 15 years.

Last edited:
Sorry, but Sport is not something those not wanting it should have to subsidise for those who want it. Whether you agree or not isn't important because it is what has been done.
I think you've lost it, why are you ranting at me when I agree with you?

When have Virgin, NTL etc ever had their own sports channels?
That's not my point; how many people only subscribe to the cable channels because they carry the sports channels but they don't want a dish? I'm guessing that it will be greater than 50% of all subscribers.

PS. It's the Premier League that sells the rights to their games, not the FA. That's why the Premier League was created.

To return to more practical matters I noticed yesterday whilst travelling up to North Norfolk on the A140 that several miles of cable (at least 15 miles) , presumably optical, were being laid in what is a predominantly a rural area alongside the main road. The apology boards to motorists for disruption indicated that this work was being carried out by Virgin Media. Is this part of a plan to extend their Broadband and television services to a wider area or is a contribution to the general telecommunications network, perhaps leasing out the cable to BT etc? Given that several new estates near here are not being cabled by Virgin but by BT I wonder if there is a new policy of line sharing to less urban areas. BT are very slow at providing a realistic Broadband service to North Norfolk in spite of Government policies.

Really? So me complaining and not having to then pay the increase was a waste of time then?????

And if they hadn't obliged me then I would have left Virgin. This is someone who hates SKY for moral reasons, but would have considered jumping off Virgin's ship and paying SKY for their TV provision. I'm rapidly losing faith in Virgin and I've been a cable customer for over 15 years.

I was just saying that if you don't like what is being offered by a company you don't have to join said company.

If the packages Virgin offer result in financial suicide re customers leaving or not joining well that's up to them.

Most people with a bit of nous don't pay for the increases and/or get upgraded equipment by complaining.

And I never said you had wasted any time.

Last edited:
It's Virgin's Project Lightning.
I thought that, but I understood Project Lightening was aimed at extending services in urban areas. This cable is going out to an area of small towns and villages. I can't really see them cabling the streets to domestic addresses.

I haven't noticed any difference.

I have 152mb broadband, which is excellent never really had any problems over the last 5 years. Medium phone line, which we never use and TV more package which is running on a TiVo box upstairs in our bedroom.

We have Sky in the lounge, I prefer the their TV service.

We have Sky in the lounge, I prefer the their TV service.[/QUOTE]

What do you prefer about it?

What do you prefer about it?

A few things really. Their on demand service is fantastic, especially Sky Movies and TV Box sets. Also the software for me just works better. TV Guide is easy to use.

I always judge a service on how many times I have to call customer services, I've had Sky for a couple of years now and not once have I had to call them. Previous to Sky, I had to call Virgin Media a numinous amount of times about something to do with the TiVo box not working probably.

Plus the added bonus with Sky is Sky Go comes in handy when the wife is watching some god awful show. I can easy watch something else. Couldn't be without it now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom