• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is viewing from 5ft too close for a 37" plasma?

John Simon

WSH said:
Is viewing from 5ft too close for a 37" plasma? Its for a bedroom.

Yes, it sounds a bit close, you could do a lot worse than sitting 5ft away from one in a shop, I'm sure you would then get a good idea & not risk wasting your hard earned.

yorkyred

You would be crazy to buy a screen that size and sit five foot away, you would need to double that distance.

A 32 is plenty big enough.

MIB

I sit 8' from a 37" but I think at 5' would be too close for SD. Maybe Hif Def on a 37PV500 might look OK at that distance but the PE50 you can start to see the pixels

Asaf

Depending upon the sitting place in my theatre and the day bed it can be anywhere from 5ft - 7ft and I think it is just great with a 43" plasma. I would be kicking myself if I had gone with a 37".

As most people say- you always think about going bigger but not often do we think about going smaller. I have even imagined a 506 on my wall but I have to say I am very content with the 43 because it just looks so good on the wall.

Lastly, don’t 'think' about it too much from the in store demonstration. I found once it is home and on the wall it is 100% different experience. Usually a great experience! Maybe finding a friend to view his in house would be the best option. I think if you do a search here you will find real peoples honest experience on this subject unlike a review where they try to tell you what you think you need for the size of your room. I went through that and glad I didn’t listen. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom