1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Upgrading X1 to a BenQ 5120 worth it ??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sconie, Aug 19, 2005.

1. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is it worth selling my Infocus X1 with 200hrs on it and buyng one of the bargain projectors kicking about just now, like the BenQ 5120, I see X1's going for £450 on ebay !!.

Any suggestions on other bargain Pj's would be welcome, does the BenQ have a better performance than my X1 and would it be able to use my X1 cables ?

Thanks

2. just wondering

just wondering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    hi , take a look in this months what widescreen tv mag , the benq wins the award for the best budget projector amongest the ones on test.

i must say i bought mine around 3 weeks ago from ebuyer for 451.00 inc vat and delivery and i can say now that i have it set up , i'm as pleased as punch...well worth the purchase price

3. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Lo bud

The X1 is a data projector at its heart so trying to find a bod who owns one in this forum could be tricky but if you are looking for a budget movie projector you cant go far wrong with the 5120, I own one and its a super piece of kit it should produce a better picture than the x1 due to the technology in it being more upto date.
    If you are not sure try and get a demo, the 5120 is a very popular pj in this forum so I am sure you will get plenty of feed back on it and if you scan through the post there are oodles of them on the 5120.

Good luck in your choice

Darko

4. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the reply folks, I think I will sell the X1 and go for the Benq, I am not affected by rainbows and reviews on the web seem very possitive.

Can anyone tell me what the fan noise is like on the Benq, as the infocus sits fairly level with my head when it's on and does distact a bit, I gather the Benq has a shorter thrw as well, the x1 sits around 15ft from the screen in my lounge and this fills a 7 x 4 ft screen, would the Benq have to sit in front of me on a table to get that size of picture ?

Thanks again.

Sconie :thumbsup:

5. just wondering

just wondering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    My benq sits back around 14 foot and produces around a 8.25 foot wide picture and the noise from the fan is quite.

6. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks very much, well of to fleabay for the x1 then.

Cheers

Sconie :smashin:

7. just wondering

just wondering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    You won't regret it for the money spent.