is 'up' really better

W

warboy

I know this has been tackled before, but can someone give me a definitive answer - if I were to upconvert Sky+ from s-vid to component to my TW100 (via a 3803) - would I actually get a better picture? I know all the tidy cable, switching, more inputs etc reasons but only interested in quality of image. I'm sure one of you wise people can shed light on it

I can't give you a technical answer or reason but I upconvert my Sky+ signal through my A1SR and on an 8ft screen via a Sharp 10k I am always blown away by the image quality. Every single movie channel looks like DVD quality and all other channels are not far behind. Even 24 the other night looked amazing - now that's saying something :)

I have absolutely no complaints and when I used a RGB>Component converter I could see no visible improvement.

Works for me :smashin:

thanks Messiah,
I musty admit i do expect it to be better but don't know why.
I'm intersted in getting as many views as possible on this issue, as it will ultimatley have a bearing on which amp I choose.
thanks again

I have a 3803 as well in the lounge. If it wasn't for the upconvert feature I would have stuck with my VA555ES as I believe in terms of all round abilities it was a better piece of kit.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom