1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is TTT gonna have a re-release?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Lex, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi all,

Anyone know if they will be releasing a new print of The Two Towers with a preview of Return of the King on? As they did with Fellowship.

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I would think so, but i would certainly like to know too.

3. fluffrick

fluffrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    ...and a "Return of the King" preview will be attached to the movie when I go to see "The Two Towers" again, tonight (My wife and I are going to see it for the third time, with a friend who hasn't seen it yet - Talk about being cruelly deprived).

As far as I recall, the preview stuff for "The Two Towers" was attached to prints of "Fellowship..." in time for the Oscars last year, so if it's going to show up, it should be before the end of March, so there can't be too long to wait, surely?:confused:

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I would be surprised if it was already released as I haven't heard any kind of official announcement, but you never know, you may well get lucky! Let us know Fluff ;)

5. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to commingsoon.net the preview is not going to happen on TTT theatrical run.:thumbsdow But New Line have not ruled out a trailer coming out for ROTK as they have got a couple of films coming out in March and a trailer would sure bring in the crowds.:smashin: Also there is no reason for New Line to put a trailer on the end of TTT as it has already made over $800m worldwide, nearly as much as FOTR and they have still got Japan to go which should bring in another $100m. So they do not need to make anymore money from this film, which was not the case when they put the trailer of TTT on FOTR.

For more click here

6. fluffrick

fluffrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As Ian suggests, there was no sign of a "ROTK" teaser after "The Two Towers", unfortunately.

And, to cap it all, the sound in the theatre that I saw it in at Sheffield's UGC was completely off-balance, with nothing approaching rear channel effects and a singular lack of sub-woofer impact, even in the scene where Saruman addresses his army.:nono:

I guess we might get an unexpected Middle Earth gift, as Ian states in his post, in front of one of New Line's spring or summer releases (Vin Diesel's newest thriller, "A Man Apart", being a possible candidate for a "ROTK" trailer-assisted audience boost?).

7. fluffrick

fluffrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ain't It Cool News today has a piece on the front page about the missing-in-action Return of the King trailer, with comment from Peter Jackson about when we should see it.

There's also much excitement therein relating to the additional scenes which will be incorporated into the DVD release of "The Two Towers", but I'll let you read that for yourselves... :cool: Ain't It Cool News

8. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So that's a No then :(