is toshiba mt 500 an infocus ?

rickyd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
could any of you knowlegeable guys tell me if the mt 500 is a clone of a infocus projector? and if so which one.
Thanks
kinza

Hi there, The Toshiba TDP-MT500 is NOT a clone of any Infocus projectors but is purely a Toshiba model. The Toshiba Infocus clones are the Toshiba TDP-MT8U ( based on the Infocus Screenplay 7200) and the older Toshiba TDP-MT5U (based on the Infocus Screenplay 110)

Hope this helps,
Danny

Thanks danny
I was offered the tosh for £1,200 and told it was an high end infocus!!
kinza

No, it's not an Infocus. But saying that, it is a superb projector. If it's not too old, say a few months, then I would definately consider it for that price. Take a look at this review and see what you think:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/toshiba_mt500.htm

All the best,

Danny

Maybe you could know the seller down when you tell them that it is definately NOT an Infocus !!! Offer a grand or £1100.

The new price for one of these ranges from about £1650-£1800 so if it's fairly new and has transferable warranty, £1200 isnt too bad.

Yes, I would say it is better than the 4805. It has a higher resolution, equal contrast, a better 6 segement 5x speed colour wheel as opposed the 4805's 6 segment 4 speed colour wheel so should reduce any risk of rainbows. A point worth keeping in mind though is that it should be ceiling mounted or used on a coffee table, NOT on a rear shelf as it is 12 inches deep and the exhaust( which dissipates the heat) exits out of the rear so needs plenty of space behind it which makes a wall mounted rear shelf a no-no !
The 4805 is fantastic for the money ( I actually own one) but the Toshiba is much more money normally and offers slightly better specs. £1200 for a brand new one is a bargain ! £100 cheaper than the 4805.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom