1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is tosh pf2 a good buying desicion

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kevantlin, Jan 17, 2004.

1. kevantlin

kevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have £1500 for a 36 incher whats the best a man can get

2. Cadire

Cadire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Concensus seems to be the Tosh PF2 or the Panny PD30 (I'm not sure if the Panny is out of your price range though).

If you compare two good working examples of the sets, then I'd say the Panny edges it on picture quality. That's not to say the Toshiba is bad... far from it.

The Toshiba also comes with surround speakers which may be a factor. If you don't already have a surround system it's a good buy.

I have the Tosh PF2 and I'm very happy with it. The 'boss' likes it too because the slim frame makes it pretty unobtrusive for a 36" tube.

3. kevantlin

kevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a surround system so that aspect doesnt interest me what does is out and out picture quality. I was gonna buy a 36 inch pd30 until i found this site and all the gripes that have been leveled at it please advise

4. Cadire

Cadire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well, I'd say that if you want the very best picture then the Panasonic is the one to go for.

However, if you go for the Toshiba then you certainly won't be disappointed by the picture either. It is very good indeed, but is edged out by the Panasonic. We're not talking about huge margins here, and of course everyone's opinion is subjective.

Whether you get a good example of either model seems to be a lottery. Both models have threads where people have had to send them back. The Panasonic has a sticky about it's problems, but that could be because more people have bought that model than the PF2.

I believe the Panasonic has a problem with RGB playback whether it's a 'good' example or not. The Toshiba doesn't get away scot free though, as it seems to have a problem with PAL progressive scan.

At the end of the day I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever model you choose. You just have to accept that you might not get a good one right away (luckily I did).

Good luck with your decision :)