1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Tosh 32WL48 VESA mountable?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by phibsboro, Dec 29, 2004.

1. phibsboro

phibsboro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Trying to mount my Tosh 32wl48 onto the wall and I can't figure out how. The blurb says its VESA compatible (tho doesn't say which variant). The only mounting points I can see are at each far corner, defo not VESA. Does something become apparent when you take the table stand off perhaps?

Any help would be really appreciated.

C

2. Mike246

Mike246

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Let me save you a load of aggrevation here and now.

The man at Toshiba said that all of their models are VESA standard. Mind you, he was stoned at the time. The 32WL48 has four mountings, two of which are close to the corners and are unlikely to work with any universal bracket - on a small bracket the reach will not be long enough; on a large one, the bracketry will show at the sides.

Toshiba say that they only recommend the Vogels bracket. I bought the 2001 static model and it is a well-engineered fit with the tele. Bloody well should be at £180. In particular, you can still get to the sockets and fit the cable cover without demounting.

The swivel one is the 2003 which someone pointed out that Unbeatable are doing at around £280 which is pretty good.

Either way, put a good few hours (in my case, days) aside to do it. It is not for the feint-hearted.

3. Eddy Kins

Eddy Kins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought a universal tilting wall bracket from here...
    http://www.rs100.co.uk/index.html?t...html&lang=en-gb

With the depth bars it cost £129 + delivery and arrived next day.
    I put it into a solid brick wall and now it looks great.
    I must agree with Mike that it is NO light task unless you are a very accomplished DIYer. (I aint!)
    It took me an entire afternoon and in terms of stress probably shortened my life by about five years!!
    Still, who wants to live forever? :suicide: