• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is Today's ITV WC Hi-Def?

doctorblue

Prominent Member
Guys,

Am I watching Ghana v Serbia in HD or upscaled SD?

After last night's debacle I don't trust any of their information.

Thanks.

Kinetic Frenzy

Prominent Member
i read in another post that ITV HD are doing regional trials of their channel in 1920 x 1080 - anyone know the details so i can tune them in - gotta be a slight improvement at least over what i generally see at the moment...:rolleyes:

son_t

Established Member
If you perform manual scan and get into the non-freesat mode, you can get the 3 ITV1 HD channels (one is STV HD, of course).

(On the FOXSATs, you can press OK, and red to change to the HD channels and it will list them all...)

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
i read in another post that ITV HD are doing regional trials of their channel in 1920 x 1080 - anyone know the details so i can tune them in - gotta be a slight improvement at least over what i generally see at the moment...:rolleyes:

The Granada version on 10936 V (A Manchester postcode will put it at 119) is 1920 x 1080 but only MP2 sound. To be honest the football does not look much different to the London 1440 x 1080 offering.

Kinetic Frenzy

Prominent Member
If you perform manual scan and get into the non-freesat mode, you can get the 3 ITV1 HD channels (one is STV HD, of course).

(On the FOXSATs, you can press OK, and red to change to the HD channels and it will list them all...)

How do i get it into the non-freesat mode? Is this obvious when doing a manual scan?

cheers

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
AS said above doing a manual scan gives you non-freesat mode. Note after the scan you will be in non-freesat mode and have to use the new menu option to switch back.

Kinetic Frenzy

Prominent Member
thanks guys, got ITV1 HD Granada and STV HD channels tuned in, great picture imo i can clearly see the difference between 1980 x 1080 vs 1440 x 1080 :thumbsup:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I can only get 2 hd when I do a manual scan, ITVHD1 and a number 3855. which one is 1980 a x 1080?

gbmitie

If they are both on the same transponder they both are 3855 is the test STV-HD transmission and the other is Granada ITV1-HD. You should also be able to get ITV1-HD (London), BBC-HD and Luxe-HD

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom