Reaction score
I5-4650K
8gb Ram
Nvidia 750ti graphics
Windows 10

Thinking about buying a pc of my friend for £350

Is it worth it

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I don't know what the case, power supply and storage are but unless they're particularly good I think it's a bit pricey for what it is as the graphics card is an older model now and you'd probably want to replace it if you're planning on gaming with it.

You could get similar-ish machine for around £350 brand new (a non-K processor, 4GB ram and onboard graphics) but the advantage of a desktop machine is you can change and upgrade components later.

John

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I asked about the power supply and he said a Corsair one but not anything great. It's running a 1tb hard drive and he is checking what the case is now. I'm mainly going to be running it for simulators and world of Warcraft. Nothing to demanding.

Tom

I'd say not worth it based on that available spec.

Thank you for the answer.

Should I make him some kind of offer?
I'm not advanced with computers enough to know what is going to be the best. I'm looking for something around £200-400 that can mainly just run world of Warcraft.
It sounds cheap I know.

Tom

Thank you for the answer.

Should I make him some kind of offer?
I'm not advanced with computers enough to know what is going to be the best. I'm looking for something around £200-400 that can mainly just run world of Warcraft.
It sounds cheap I know.

Tom

It really depends on the rest of the components. Corsair is a decent make for a PSU but it could be their bog standard one. The case might also be some generic thing.

I'd offer £200 and see what happens. The 750Ti is a very lowly graphics card, it may play WoW ok, but it's not worth £350.

You are better off with something that has a better graphics card and a lesser CPU

It really depends on the rest of the components. Corsair is a decent make for a PSU but it could be their bog standard one. The case might also be some generic thing.

I'd offer £200 and see what happens. The 750Ti is a very lowly graphics card, it may play WoW ok, but it's not worth £350.

Thanks again, I can see your point and I believe it is their bog standard one, I think I might have to take a swerve on this one then. Is there anything you recommend for me to get. It's going to be my first pc

Tom

You are better off with something that has a better graphics card and a lesser CPU
Thanks for the reply,

Is there anything you could recommend for me. Purely something to run wow.

Thanks for the reply,

Is there anything you could recommend for me. Purely something to run wow.
I'm not sure, I am not that up to date, but I know WoW is not a very demanding game, that PC will run it no problem, but you will be paying mainly for a high end CPU you are not going to be getting much use out of, and if you end up wanting better graphics you are going to end up spending a good chunk on a new graphics card.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom