• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

IS this worth £399 and wil it cope with modern games ??

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Depends what games you are looking to play?

Not all games need the same spec, brilliant PC for the price though, they often go quickly we're talking minutes as people queue up for them...

PowerLee

Established Member
There a rumor ( & only a rumor so far ) on the Aldi / Medion forum of a much better machine possibly I5 based coming in March but it will be higher in price.

This Feb 4th deal isnt bad & you do get the Aldi 3 year warranty, only problem will be getting hold of one at the local store, be ready to get there early & queue if you really want one of these.

cityblue121

Standard Member
Some of the Larger tesco stores have Medion PC's on the shelf I saw one at Southport Meols Cop store earlier in the week

Think it may need to be a Tesco Extra

whats it like playin games have you tried ? if so what games also what psu is in it and can it easily be upgraded ?

sorry for all the questions just woderin what its like before i buy one

Ned Senior

Prominent Member
Sorry unsure about much of the spec as I had only noticed it on the shelf for £399 and remembered a previous Aldi thread sorry
if you find one at tesco get the specs off the box and post on here someone will know.... That tesco is 15 miles from me so dunno when I will be there again
I bought a Compaq 5306 from ebuyer for £399 happy but do not game it has onboard gfx so you would have to add a card

HTH

regards

Ned

UnGreat

Established Member
Anyone get the Aldi PC and can give their impressions?

dacads

Established Member
I'm surprised no one has noticed that the PC has NVIDIA® GeForce® G210 DirectX® 10 graphics card which is an entry level card:thumbsdow
You won't be able to play any games on that:thumbsup:

UnGreat

Established Member
I'm surprised no one has noticed that the PC has NVIDIA® GeForce® G210 DirectX® 10 graphics card which is an entry level card:thumbsdow

I take it you could stick in a better card fairly easily?

If someone did get this PC and wanted to kick the graphics up a couple of notches on a budget any recommendations?

UnGreat

Established Member
Not got one but over on the Aldi / Medion forum people who have aint impressed / are having problems.

link?

Wouldn't mind reading peoples impressions.

RBJTech

Established Member

I'm not sure why it has a card at all - it has an i3 530 which has the GPU on the CPU itself ! Yes a G210 is probably better than the onboard stuff but as you say, only just and not worth the upgrade / price increase.

angliaboy

Established Member
Please dont buy that computer there are so many better ones around, the graphics card will be useful for watching movies and not much else to be fair. the processor is ok but there are definately better specs around for the price, the deal that guy posted above is good

treab

Standard Member

I have a GF210 in my pc and it runs crysis on medium, fallout 3 etc... so yeah it can run games..

dacads

Established Member
You say of course ;) he was saying it wouldn't :p

and tbh i recon slightly below 30fps... still playable though lol

yeah well trust me compared to a better card it will look rubbish as I didn't play cod4 for ages and I tested it few weeks ago and the graphics sucked lol. So it's always good to buy decent card when buying a GAMING pc:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom