Is this Wall Mount strong enough to hold my 55CX?

jwirahadi

Novice Member
Reaction score
I bought this "North Bayou P4" wall mount for my 43 inches TV back in 2016

1628685259773.png

I bought a brand new 55CX recently due to clearance sale so I was looking for a new Wall Mount since my old one only support up to 47". I looked for the same brand since it's very solid and served me pretty well. But I see that the model for 55" is still the same which is P4, they updated the specification from 32-47" to 32-55".

1628685641519.png

So I was wondering if my old Wall Mount can be used for 55CX, the guy who installed the TV told me that it's fine. Here's the picture..

1628685694325.png

What do you think? I just wanted to make sure the new $1300 OLED TV I just bought doesn't fall down and break due to wall mount not strong enough to hold the TV.

No doubt based upon the weight rather than the screen size.

Just make sure it is firmly bolted into the wall...

No doubt based upon the weight rather than the screen size.

Just make sure it is firmly bolted into the wall...
The anchor used for this type of wall mount is the red plastic one, I'm not really familiar because usually I paid someone to install it for me. But the guy who install the CX is not the same guy who drill it into the wall back in 2016, so he doesn't really know what kind of anchor is used.

1628693380819.png

Do you think this kind of anchor is strong enough to hold 40lbs (55CX Weight)? Because I looked around the internet and saw someone mention that plastic anchor is usually the least strong. My wall is concrete (brick wall) by the way.

i wouldn't be confident mounting an expensive TV to the wall using those plastic plugs.
are those plugs rated for use on concrete walls?

if in doubt, get a professional in to do the job.

If the wall is solid, then probably not an issue, but if it's through a layer or 2 of plaster board and then into concrete block, possibly not quite so confident!

All metal anchors tend to work better, or long lengths of stud with chem fix. If the wall feels solid when you drill it, happy days, but if the drill goes through easily or the hole enlarges as you drill it, that's the danger signs you need some serious fixing hardware.

The anchor used for this type of wall mount is the red plastic one, I'm not really familiar because usually I paid someone to install it for me. But the guy who install the CX is not the same guy who drill it into the wall back in 2016, so he doesn't really know what kind of anchor is used.

View attachment 1553952

Do you think this kind of anchor is strong enough to hold 40lbs (55CX Weight)? Because I looked around the internet and saw someone mention that plastic anchor is usually the least strong. My wall is concrete (brick wall) by the way.

concrete and bricks are not the same , I hope they are not thermalights , please sit tight until you know exactly what you’re doing 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom