Is this "Twilight" series really what it's cracked up to be?

They are an easy enough read to pass the time.

I preferred Garth Nix's The Old Kingdom trilogy of Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen though.

Thanks

Jon

I loved that series, but I haven't yet read the Twilight series, or seen the films.
However, one of my friends pointed this out to me a few days ago :D

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Mrs Codehead made me sit through the first film the other night. It was so Emo I'm surprised that they didn't provide black eye liner and knife to cut yourself while you watched it. :thumbsdow

Mrs Codehead made me sit through the first film the other night. It was so Emo I'm surprised that they didn't provide black eye liner and knife to cut yourself while you watched it. :thumbsdow

Yep, I was forced to watch the film with 3 gushing girls.

I felt nauseous.

A potentially great story ruined by gushing emos.

As a bit of an update to this rather old thread I actually got half way through the first book (Twilight) after having nothing else to read whilst in the bath.

I got half way through and simply had to stop wasting my time. It's easily one of the most self indulgent, poorly structured and written books I've ever read.

I'm frankly amazed and have no idea how this book has done so well. I just hoped Edward would put us all out of our misery and eat the miserable cow.

Avoid like the plague if you are ever tempted, the instructions for taking paracetamol provide a far more interesting read.

Avoid like the plague if you are ever tempted, the instructions for taking paracetamol provide a far more interesting read.

If you actually do read the books, the instructions for taking an overdose of paracetamol may come in handy.

As someone said: if your vampires are more afraid of pre-marital sex than they are of sunlight, you have missed the point.

I think that the books are actually aimed at teenage girls... As are the films.

They're a bit like the Harry Potter books. Adults read them, but they are actually meant for teenagers. Although adults who read them will use the term 'cross over fiction'. Which means that they are an easy read;)

Phil

PS My wife loves them though :D

I must say I enjoyed them. What makes the books better is the fact that it's probably a bit more hardcore than the movies are. Especially the last Two books. Can't see them making the last movie a 16 age restriction to follow the content in the book.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom