Is this too good to be true?

Batch

Prominent Member
Reaction score
University: Lancaster, Home: Cambridgeshire
Hi,

I found this on Amazon, and was wondering if you recon it's the real deal or a scam?

hdtvamazon2vs.png

You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true...

I've had someone try to scam me on Amazon before. The worst thing is that Amazon don't really seem to care. I contacted them and they just said "that person isn't anything to do with us."

Yeah, but he's on your site, you idiots.

Anyway, just contact the seller, ask him a few questions about the screen. I'm willing to bet he'll reply back saying the deal can only commence through Western Union or similar service.

He said that he only wants payment throught the secure amazon system! Shoudl i go for it?

and just a quick question: Do any of you know what the Samsung LE26R41B response time is?

Thanks

According to their website, you're eligible for protection provided you go through their secure system, so you should be able to buy with confidence.

Whatever happens, do NOT buy outside of that system

Batch said:
He said that he only wants payment throught the secure amazon system! Shoudl i go for it?

and just a quick question: Do any of you know what the Samsung LE26R41B response time is?

Thanks
Apparantly this is a scam which has been highlighted on these forums before. What I think happens is that your payment via Amazon doesn't go through and the seller than contacts you to use a different and less secure method of payment which is then pocketed and you don't see your money or new TV ever again.

machinehead said:
to be fair i have bought second hand goods from amazon and never had a problem.
These items aren't 2nd hand they're supposed to be new.

i bought a phone on there and never got it, but amazon refunded the money very quickly, as long as you use their system you should be fine, but im willing to bet its a scam

Thanks, i emailed him and guess what! He uses a yahoo email account and is from Romania :) Thanks Guys, u saved me alot of money!

Batch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom