is this to over the top?

I'll be honest................. I cant see your house from here.
In case you didnt get my drift :D, describe the place your plannig on putting plz.

I would ask though, why would you put PA speakers into your house, these things are long throw speakers generally designed to be loud over a greater distance, you can get things just as loud that will sound better in your home, and wont bother the neighbourhood as much.

it all depends on what size room your using them in and how friednly you are with the neighbours. I can imagine they go fairly loud with a good bit of bass but wouldn't be the last word in refinement and certainly not my choice for the budget but if your in to having party music/rnb blasting out a stupid db then they seem ok to me :cool:

the room is about 6m x 4m, the neighbours are not a problem.

Can you recommend a more suitable system for playing mainly dance music for my budget(£1000-1500)

b&w 683's coupled with something lke a Musical Fidelity A3.5 integrated amp or an arcam pre power combo it will certainly go loud enough unless your after nightclub levels in a room of your size and will sound much better than your suggested speakers.

the speakers have twin 6.5" bass drivers and drop to 38hz so should give you plenty of punchy deep bass :smashin:

b&w 683's coupled with something lke a Musical Fidelity A3.5 integrated amp or an arcam pre power combo it will certainly go loud enough unless your after nightclub levels in a room of your size and will sound much better than your suggested speakers.

the speakers have twin 6.5" bass drivers and drop to 38hz so should give you plenty of punchy deep bass :smashin:

thanks for the info:smashin:

..but i was sort of thinking of nightclub levels!

...and then you'll be deaf in a month. :suicide:

If you want to make a lot of noise & are determined to go Pro, then try the Citronic CLX Live System (550WRMS)

http://www.djkit.co.uk/acatalog/Buy_Citronic_Speakers.html

We hired this kit for a wedding last year and it kicks butt, while sounding controlled too! It's active, so you only need to plug in a source and you can daisy-chain extra subs and sats if you are really insane. :rolleyes:

I also went to a house party a few weeks ago and the host has them set up in his 7x5m Gamesroom - they rocked! :)

one time my friend bought a massive pair of pionner speakers which had 4 drivers in and 1 15" subwoofer in each speaker. well he played these thing to me in a room about 5x4m and yes they went loud but i was sure that my little kef coda 9's went louder. i was even surprised my self that they might be as good as his massive speakers ok the kef's def sounded better so we popped round to my house picked up my coda 9's and my arcam aplha 7 amp yes thats all i run them on was an alpha 7 30w per channel if i remember correctly and to both our suprises there was no difference in loudness in this room well when we tryed them in a room that was about 5 x bigger my speakers strugled to fill the room whilst these massive pioneers did just fine.

you would be surprised what a normal floor standing set of speakers can do in a small room. i used my coda 9's for 3 years of djing in my room and kept me smiling everytime i cranked them up. also these speakers cost me £130 If i remember correctly.

as some people has said unless you wanna **** neibours of that live half a mile away from you then stay well clear of them PA speakers but if ya want good quality loud music that will **** of neibours but not your whole town then get a desent pair of floor standers.

I agree only a few watts of power will fill a decentish room and go very loud I'd personally steer clearof the JBL's unless your going to do venue gigging?

thanks for all your opinions.

ATM i currently have 3 of these systems connected together from the same source, so idealy i would like something louder than them.

if anyone has any ideas do let me know.:)

check out this company. dont think that their small size is a bad thing. my friend had these as monitor speakers for when he dj's and ohhh boy did they go loud. his room was only abut 14x14 and he didnt even have the sub and they kicked out like you would not believe. i found it hard to believe that all that sound was coming from just these 2 little speakers and had to check them out and we didnt even have then nowhere near flat out. they get some good reviews and they are powered which is another bonus.

http://www.krksys.com/index2.php?cat=products&page=rokit_rp8

and the matching

http://www.krksys.com/index2.php?cat=products&page=rokit_rp10s

Dont know what sort of area your trying to fill with these speakers is but if ya just after speakers for a house party/bedroom listening then you really wouldnt need anything louder than these.

^Thanks i like the look of them,

Can you please recommend a amp to power a pair of them and sub?

thanks alot.

I'll be honest................. I cant see your house from here.

I certainly hope I can't see it .........more importantly I hope I can't hear it :rotfl:

Bob

I think he means they are active which basically means they have a built in amp so you'd only need a source for them.

As for the stereo you got now, don't get too hung up on watts for going mega loud its got to do with many factors. Most floorstanders with say a decentish amp would go plenty loud enough for you.

I think he means they are active which basically means they have a built in amp so you'd only need a source for them.

Yep:thumbsup:

If you're looking for a more traditional amp & speaker set up, have a look at a SH Roksan Kandy Mk3. They can be got for pretty good money these days...and they go loud.

check out this company. dont think that their small size is a bad thing. my friend had these as monitor speakers for when he dj's and ohhh boy did they go loud. his room was only abut 14x14 and he didnt even have the sub and they kicked out like you would not believe. i found it hard to believe that all that sound was coming from just these 2 little speakers and had to check them out and we didnt even have then nowhere near flat out. they get some good reviews and they are powered which is another bonus.

http://www.krksys.com/index2.php?cat=products&page=rokit_rp8

and the matching

http://www.krksys.com/index2.php?cat=products&page=rokit_rp10s

Dont know what sort of area your trying to fill with these speakers is but if ya just after speakers for a house party/bedroom listening then you really wouldnt need anything louder than these.

can you explain how i go about connecting these type of speakers to my cdplayer / computer?

If you have a look on that link, there's the manual for the speakers in PDF form. Briefly there's two types on input but the one you'll most likely use is the common phono/RCA input. SO you take the phono out of the CDP and into the input on the speakers.

If you're looking at spending £1k, have a look at these: http://www.avihifi.co.uk/avid/avid.html

The DAC's on them alone are supposed to be pretty special.

They may not have enough bass kick for you, however they offer a real slice of 'Hi-Fi'.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom