Is this the way to go?

doomjeffs

I was going to cancel my Virgin subscription, go to comet buy a Freesat+ Humax FOXSAT-HDR box & get them to fit the dish & set up the box.
£290 for the box & 80 to fit the dish.

Alternatively I sign up to the Sky freesat with no monthly subscription + 4 month free package, cancel after 3 months then buy the Humax box & connect to the dish fitted by Sky. (presumably the supplied Sky box is a basic unit without the features of the Humax box....HD etc.)

Am I right in thinking that option B is essentially the same outlay but I get three months of Sky packages.

Is this the way to go or are there hidden pitfalls?

p.s. with this setup will i be able to also get freeview with my t.vs inbuilt tuner as well as freesat through the box?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I was going to cancel my Virgin subscription, go to comet buy a Freesat+ Humax FOXSAT-HDR box & get them to fit the dish & set up the box.
£290 for the box & 80 to fit the dish.

Alternatively I sign up to the Sky freesat with no monthly subscription + 4 month free package, cancel after 3 months then buy the Humax box & connect to the dish fitted by Sky. (presumably the supplied Sky box is a basic unit without the features of the Humax box....HD etc.)

Am I right in thinking that option B is essentially the same outlay but I get three months of Sky packages.

p.s. with this setup will i be able to also get freeview with my t.vs inbuilt tuner as well as freesat through the box?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Freeview is nothing to do with the deal. To get it you need an aerial connected to your TV's digital terrestrial tuner. The aerial can be connected directly to your TV or looped through the sky box. If looped through you can pass on the the freeview digital and analogue terrestrial plus sky to a remote TV using the sky stb rf outputs

Starburst

Novice Member

The FreesatfromSKY install will be a single output LNB, the Freesat PVR requires two feeds so there would you would have to budget for replacing the LNB and adding a second cable.

Oyster24

Well I bit the bullet and bought the Grundig Freesat box. Very easy to set up and a fantastic picture. HDMI cable included for when we get a new TV.

I am very satisfied with it.

£114 from Argos.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom