Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is this the cheapest place for the Panasonic TH42PWD7

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Alexg, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Alexg

Alexg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this the cheapest place for the TH42PWD7 ?

http://www.webelectricals.co.uk/cgi...11bef18c2740ac100158067d+EN/products/1051&2D2

I want the screen in black which is why I'm going for the PWD7 rather than the PW7.

Is the look of the unit the same right through the range from the PW6 to the PW7, is it only features that have changed.

I take it the PWD7 does have a full functional remote, same as the PW7?

Thanks.

2. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    dont know if av sales are still offering the PW7 with media box deal. But if they are then its seriously worth considering. I have had my screen for 4 weeks now. I paid £1398 incl delivery for the package.
    I sold the media box for £215 which meant i paid £1180. Altho i have bought component board for DVD use and syncblaster cable for sky.

I think it was a cracking deal, wether you sell the media box or decide to use it.

blue ;)

3. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you wanted a wall bracket with it it comes to £1649 at webelectricals, the same package at AV-sales is £1589.

4. Alexg

Alexg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AV sales one doesn't come with a wall mount either.

The one at WE comes with a terminal board with componet/s-video/composite.

5. Alexg

Alexg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blue,

I don't need the media box mate, all its going to be used for is watching sky.

I will use my projector for films., I want to go for the PWD7 as I want it in black, I don't like the modern fad with all this silver :)

:)

6. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alexg, I would never stand by my maths, especially on a sunday eves, but if you go through the forum link / advert you will get to this: http://www.av-sales.co.uk/plasma/html/panasonic_th-42pwd7bk.html

The advert says "Price Includes Desk Stand or Wall Mount", you would then have to add on the price of the 'BNC Component/SVHS/Composite Dual Slot Terminal Board'.

I have been 'undecided for weeks' on whether to go for it and get a plasma or wait till the next model (I like the look of HD DVD), but will have to get one before the GF moves in an spends it on soft furnishings..

7. lord-diass

lord-diass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen, and will probably order a Th42Pw7B including component board for £1292.90 inc. delivery from http://www.shopatdigital.co.uk/acatalog/DOTW_of_TH42PW7B.html

I am also going for the alphason stand and DVD Recorder, on which they will do a deal. I think this is a good deal, unless someone tells me otherwise ;)

8. Supersonic72

Supersonic72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The current best PW7 deals are discussed in detail on a thread marked 'PW7 new price point'

123 Electricals seem to have the best deal, with SCART board and tabletop stand
    for £1293 inc carriage too...

Exceptional...so i bought one!

9. JulianL

JulianL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come in folks, stop discussing PW7 prices (at least in this thread). Poor Alexg (the original poster) said in his original post "I want the screen in black which is why I'm going for the PWD7 rather than the PW7" so we're not helping him by quoting PW7 prices.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen a better deal than the webelectricals one that Alex found although the AVsales special offer of about £1,514 inc wall or pedestal stand (special deal to AVForum readers) is probably comparable.

- Julian

10. Alexg

Alexg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the replies guys.
    My head is spinning this weekend trying to get my head around plasmas...and even harder is trying to get my head round all the models that Pansonic make!
    I've now found richer sounds doing the PWD6 for £1099 and I'm now thinking of going for that one, I'm trying to find out most of the info I'm looking for by searching but I can't find answeres to all my questions.
    I wonder if its time for a sticky thread with all info on the Panasonic plasmas range along with up to date prices, models, features etc.

11. jwillans

jwillans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alex,

I think I'm in a similar dilemma to you since I want the Panasonic in black which means the PD.. range. I'm trying to understand (without a great deal of success the key differences) between the PD6/PD7. One thing that attracts me to the RS deal is that the warranty can be extended to 3 years for an extra £125. However, one thing that a real disadvantage with the RS deal is that the extras such as the desktop stand, component cards etc. cost a lot of money. The frustrating thing is that the deal as 123electricals4me would be excellent .. if it was in black!!

I may just sit back and wait for avsales to bring down the price of their PW7 package some more.

James