IS this The channel or a fault

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by zappo, Feb 7, 2009.

1. zappo

zappo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    People have posted on here that Sky does not have the facility to block selective recordings and that it is the channel or the box that is at fault.

Well here is a test, channel 603 (Boomerang) at 16:30 today is a Bratz programme that will not record.

I have checked on BOTH of my Sky+ boxes and neither will work.

I have had problems with Boomerang before so is it them.

If others have this problem can they confirm it here and perhaps ring up Sky and complain so this is sorted.

Boomerang seems a Kwap channel anyway, a few weeks ago they had a Bratz weekend and every program started 30 minutes early so when we came back none of the programmes we had selected to record were complete.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    The ability to prevent a recording both to the internal hard drive and off board has always existed but never officially used however spurious flags have triggered the same result.
    Now it may be an EPG data error (it doesn't allow R on my SKY+HD) so you could contact Boomerang directly or SKY and they could chase it up and in the meantime use the Manual recording option.

3. zappo

zappo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Does anyone have the bumber for Boomerang, Sky don't list it and declined to give it.

Perhaps I should start contacting their advertisers!