• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is this tablet any good just for web browsing

bill_hicks

Standard Member
Tabtech M009S 2GB Google Android Tablet PC - Cheapest 2.2 Android Tablet works with Flash 10.1 - WiFi , Touchscreen, Epad, Apad, now with working Android Market, Youtube and Amazon Kindle App: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

GF wants an Ipad but can't afford it really so looking for cheap alternatives and came across this one with good reviews on Amazon site but can't find many elsewhere.

All she wants to do is go on the net, she doesn't do much else, and it supports flash too which is a bonus.

Kid might use it too and she goes on youtube and plays games etc, so for the price you think its any good?

Thnx

LJx

Prominent Member
I think it looks very good for that price considering it is running 2.2, the other ones I have seen like the Binatone homesurf they got in ASDA for £80 only run 1.6.
You can get some decent ones for good prices from sites like dhgate.com but if you go that route make sure you buy from a reputable seller

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
There are loads of these on eBay (just search for epad) and many are the newer version with double the memory which will give you better performance. I did quite a lot of research on this tablet for a friend recently and found that while adequate, they are quite buggy and crash a lot although the manufacturers are constantly releasing firmware upgrades to try and combat these issues.

You can find many videos on YouTube of people reviewing them (again just type epad review into YouTube) plus there are some good reviews around the net also.

I'd say for the price go for it but be prepared to have to maintain it a bit as the experience isn't likely to be what you'd get with a more expensive android tablet.

Have you looked at the Advent Vega that Currys/PC World sell for about £200? That has a much better touch screen and performance that this for not much more money!

scumball

Distinguished Member
I have ordered an Eken M900s (or clone of) from buyincoins.com - delivered price is £48 (Easter2011 6% discount code) - there may be customs/import to pay on that though. Apparently this where the eBay sellers dropship from.

I'm hoping to install this firmware on which should speed it up and generally tidy it up and make it more operable.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom