Is this Spec ok??

addaman

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As above, i have specced this computer, i want to overclock the cpu and have a nice fast pc but arent really gona be playing games on it.

Crucial 4GB (2X2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Ballistix Memory x2

ASUS P5Q SE iP45 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz Socket 775 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache OEM Processor

Black Aluminium ATX Media Center Case with iMon LCD Display - No PSU (Standard ATX PSU)

Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, 4x SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors - Retail Boxed

Zotac 8500GT 512MB DDR2 DVI VGA TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

really only wanted to spend £400 but this is coming out at 500 with a cd drive and cpu fan.

Opinions very welcome please.
cheers

Hi

Looks good to me - nice balanced system if not overclocking.

If overclocking what CPU cooling do you have in mind?

Alan

That PSU is about twice as powerful as you need. a Core2Duo and 8500GT won't pull 200W let alone 700W. You could save a big chunk of change by going for a different PSU. Seasonic S-12 330W or similar

if your planning on overclocking its bets nto to fill all 4 slots of ram ....

also 8gb. is TOTALY pointless what you want to do run 2/3 instances of the game at once?

also for gaming i would seriously look at a second hand gfx card / 8600gt 256mb etc. 512mb means nout zilch unless your running 24"+

a 8600gt with 256mb DDR3 will run games better. personal choice would be a ati card 3850 etc secondhand

Last edited:
Looks go to me. I would agree on the PSU thats a lot for the spec. The chips are fantastic to play with as well :thumbsup:
Whats the main use for the PC? If it's just surfing, word processing etc then you could leave the CPU at stock speeds, unless you want to play with OC ;)

Judging by the case and the fact it's outputting to a 42" TV I'd say it's going to be an HTPC.

If it is going to be an HTPC then you'd be much better off with an AMD 780G motherboard and a 5050e processor.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom