• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Is this Sony Hifi worth anything?

lablol

Novice Member
I have Sony Hifi with 3 CD disc stereo system, with two cassette players. Also have some cordless headphones that goes with the unit and manual. It dates from about 1999. Is this worth anything? It is in working order (apart from the radio as it is analogue)

I am not an expert in this field so apologies if this is a basic question! :)

Attachments

• Stereo pic 2.jpeg
    Stereo pic 2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 462
  • Stero pic 1.jpeg
    Stero pic 1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 854
  • Manuals.jpeg
    Manuals.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 210
  • Cordless headset pic 1.jpeg
    Cordless headset pic 1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 168
  • Cordless headset pic 2.jpeg
    Cordless headset pic 2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 168

dannnielll

Sorry, but 50 quid would be the best you might get for it.... Looking at thr price it might sell of similar stuff in cash converters . If you brought it to one of those shops,the best they would give you would be maybe 25.
Its not good enough to be of interest to an audiophile type, exotic enough for a collector,or fashionable for a noobie. .. but it is probably sound enough kit . I would not knock the analogue fm radio... They tend to be better than DAB.

gibbsy

Great for a kid's bedroom but for the serious listener is something of a non starter. I agree with dannnielll £50 absolute max.

Cornish Dave

Seen things like that in the charity shop my wife works in usually go for £25 without headphones. Sometimes they don't go and end up at the tip I am afraid!

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
One was sold on the bay in jan for £40. So the above £25-£50 assessment is about about right.

bruny

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom