Is this set up right?

M

markj40

I have my sky+ box connected to samsung le26 by rgb scart, my panasonic dvd recorder conected to tv by component and both sky box and dvd connected by scart.Have i done this right or is their a better way?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
markj40 said:
I have my sky+ box connected to samsung le26 by rgb scart, my panasonic dvd recorder conected to tv by component and both sky box and dvd connected by scart.Have i done this right or is their a better way?

The only drawback I can see is you won't get auto-switching widescreen from the DVD to the TV using component connections but if you're happy with the picture quality and use the TVs remote to alter screen mode it doesn't matter.

M

markj40

Thanks for reply mate, am i right in thinking that component set up on dvd gives the best picture quality and that rgb scart is the best connection picture wise for sky?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
markj40 said:
Thanks for reply mate, am i right in thinking that component set up on dvd gives the best picture quality and that rgb scart is the best connection picture wise for sky?

In theory using component playback with a DVD should give you the best out of your set.
Likewise RGB out from the digibox to DVDR.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom