• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Is this room large enough for projector/screen?

ajw000

Standard Member
Moving into a new house next month and there may be a spare room for conversion to a cinema room if it's not too tiny! First time potentially with a projector since the halcyon AE-100 days :D

Room plan with dimensions below..it's roughly 3.4x3.4m. Would a fixed screen on the left wall combined with projector on a shelf attached to the opposite wall(right) give enough throw? Or is it just too small for comfortable viewing distances especially when factoring in having a sofa too. Guess I could store the amp etc in the cupboard on the right wall then too.

I've not done any serious measurements, but maybe enough room for 100" screen?

CJWQTv0.png

Chinstroke

Established Member
Yeah no problems, my room is 4.3m x 4.5m and I am looking to put 2 rows in the 4.5m length. I will be looking to have a 270cm wide scope screen and eyes to screen from front row will be 2.5m. to test out if that is realistic I am currently sitting less than 2m from a 203cm wide scope screen and that doesn't feel too close. I would recommend before settling on a screen size to project on the blank wall to find out what is comfortable.

ajw000

Standard Member
Great stuff! Will probably have more questions closer to time, but may go for STRDN1080 amp combined with Optoma UHD40 and Q Acoustics 3010i if the throw calculations work out.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom