1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this right? Who wants to be a Millionaire?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,010
    Do not watch the program normaly, but the few times I’ve seen it when they think of the wrong answer then go 50/50 they always seem to eliminate every thing bar his wrong guess and the right answer.

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    On the occasions when I do stoop to watching a commercial channel, and have seen WWTBAM?, I've noticed that when a contestant selects 50?50 the two answers remaining are generally the two I was left to decide between in the first place. Not always but usually.

3. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    Yes, 'computer take away 2 random answers' my a$$!

BTW, has anyone else noticed the ITV decline over the last couple of years? It was never renowned for it's quality programming but it just seems to be going totally to the dogs now. After all the fuss about them moving News at 10 they now seem to have binned it completely. Then there's Coronation St 5 nights a week. Tonight with Trevor MacDonald (ITV's idea of a hardhitting current affairs program). Pop Idol also manages to skilfully blend crap music with crap TV. etc etc. etc. Oh, forgot to mention the additional ad breaks they now seem to cram in.

RDB :)

PS I'm only moaning because the missus insists on watching a large chunk of ITV each week. :(

PPS I think Channel 4 proves it's possible for a commercial channel to provide some quality programming.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    You're right ITV has gone RIGHT DOWN in the past year or so.
    It's just full of CHEAP, 'THROAWAY' style TV usually involving the public....
    Hey why pay actors, writers, technicians etc vast fees when we can get the public to make fools of themselves for next to nothing.

And don't evem mention ITV SPORT :D

Thank God we've still got the BBC and Ch4 who still produce some quality, meaningful programmes.

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Theres no way they are randomly selected, theres some git pressing buttons somewhere.

Actually, on the spanish version a guy won it with style, he cruised through to the last question, used the 50/50 and then the "phone a friend" to call his wife to tell her he´d be bringing home the 50 million ptas, Muchas gracias, big pile of cash, I´m off, cya later!!:D

6. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

I saw a guy win it in the States on TV in Florida in January 2000 and he did much the same thing.

He got to the $million question without using a lifeline and then said he wanted to "phone a friend" for the answer. The friend was his father. When his father asked him what the question was, he replied "I didn't ring you for the the answer I rang to tell you I've just won a $million."

Priceless, and it looks like it's now becoming something of an urban myth, doesn't it?