Is this possible?

sticker

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at speake cable at the moment and wonder if this is possible.

I've found some flexible 2.5mm 3 core flex for a reasonable price and I was thinking of using this as speaker cable. Basically I was going to use a length of this for each speaker terminal. I was going to combine all three cables in each run into one. Has anyone had any experience of this?

A second question is how can I measure the resistance of this cable?

Regards
John

Went ahead and did this, got 100m for £40. Anyway have tried this compared to my current Cabletalk 3.1 and some QED silver anniversary and there is not a lot of difference apart from the bass being more pronouced. The cable is very flexible and easy to get around corners but is very heavy. I'm using 2 runs for each speaker striping each core on each run back around 3" and twisting all 3 together in each run. My next intention is to colour code each run (black/red) with some heat shrink cable and then attach some banana plugs to make connection easier. The only trouble is that I need a banana plug that can take the 3 wires twisted together which is around 7.5 mm. Anyone know of banana plugs that can accept this diameter?

Regards
John

Cheers Mylo for this. Are these the same as the ones that Richer Sounds sell? If so they keep coming undone but they are a hell of a lot cheaper at CPC

Don't know about RS. I buy all my bits from cpc due to prices. Similar plugs else where were upto £5 ea. The clamping screw does not feel like it would work loose without extreme vibration. A bomb might do it. A good point to note is they are stackable for bi-wiring from single outputs. If you buy 10+ the price drops even more.

Cheers mate, at this price it must be worth a shot

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom