• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is this possible?

seraphimax

Standard Member
Well I have an acer aspire x3900 pc, I'm planning to place a low profile 9500 graphics card in it, my question is can my 220w psu handle it?

here are the rest of my specs:
intel core i3 530 2.93gHz
2GB RAM

BTW is 9500 okay for gaming?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
BTW is 9500 okay for gaming?

If you're in 2007 when it was released (as the 8600GT) then it was just about capable but didn't get great reviews, these days calling it ok for gaming is pushing it a little. You can certainly get far faster cards for the same power consumption like the GT 240, GT 430 and Radeon 5570.

seraphimax

Standard Member
sadly i'm not planning on changing my psu, but my processor is actually very energy efficient so i think i got enough for low profile cards

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
okay since i only have a 220w psu, can you guys give me some video cards suggestions. thanks

Well the GT 430 at £50 is about the cheapest 'gaming' card you're going to get, even if you go slightly older for a 4650 or GT 220 they're no cheaper.

Below that pick whatever's cheapest. A 4350 or 5450 should still be between 50-100% faster than your onboard graphics, if only about a third of the speed of a GT 430.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom