1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible? (Sky + and Panasonic dvd recorder)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Unlight, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ok Im hoping to buy a DVD recorder in the near future (PANASONIC DMR-ES10 probably).

At the moment - my Sky + is set up via S Video, going in to my Denon 2805 upconverting to component, which does a nice job.

Can I connect my Sky + box to the DVD recorder via an RGB scart cable, then hook up the DVD recorder via component to my screen?

Hope that makes sense - just dont want to rush out and buy if this doesnt actually work!

2. paulec

paulec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Asked this same question of the Es10. Joe F (and others) have warned of a slight softening of the picture through the DVD recorder but would not be a problem. Apparently the pq is not that different when comp. SVID to RGB Scart. What I do not know and would like to know is whether the ES10 will handle the routing without being switched on? How's Sky picture quality into your panel - I am getting a PWD7 and want to run by SKy+ thorugh an ES10.