Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is this possible? (Sky + and Panasonic dvd recorder)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Unlight, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ok Im hoping to buy a DVD recorder in the near future (PANASONIC DMR-ES10 probably).

At the moment - my Sky + is set up via S Video, going in to my Denon 2805 upconverting to component, which does a nice job.

Can I connect my Sky + box to the DVD recorder via an RGB scart cable, then hook up the DVD recorder via component to my screen?

Hope that makes sense - just dont want to rush out and buy if this doesnt actually work!

2. paulec

paulec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Asked this same question of the Es10. Joe F (and others) have warned of a slight softening of the picture through the DVD recorder but would not be a problem. Apparently the pq is not that different when comp. SVID to RGB Scart. What I do not know and would like to know is whether the ES10 will handle the routing without being switched on? How's Sky picture quality into your panel - I am getting a PWD7 and want to run by SKy+ thorugh an ES10.