Is this possible ? one button switch on for Sky Q and TV but not AV Amp ?

ehead

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I have my Sky Q connected to my AV Amp ( Marantz NR1402) by HDMi and the Marantz into my TV ( Sony OLED) also by HDMi.

I can use the sky remote to switch on the Sky and TV - but it also switches on the Marantz.... and normally I only want to listen to the TV sound, not the surround system......

What I would like is the connections as above but the Marantz to stay in standby mode unless specifically switched on - any ideas as to how to do this, is it possible ?

Thank you

Turn HDMI Control off onboard the AV receiver. There's also a P OFF setting within the HDMI configurations of the AV receiver. If wanting to still use HDMI CEC and or ARC in conjunction with the AV receiver then try setting the P OFF CONTROL setting to OFF. This would result in the AV receiver not synconising its power status with that of the TV.

Note that if the SKY STB is connected directly to the AV receiver then you'd have to leave HDMI Control engaged onboard the AV receiver to enable it to passthrough that HDMI source while in standby.

Last edited:
Thank you , I will try a few options with these controls.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom