Is this PC overkill

emrysdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
My nearly ten year old PC is starting to wane and, having had a good look around, I am thinking of buying this one as some of the lesser ones appear to have manufacturing design faults.

HP Pavilion p6203uk 320GB Desktop PC | Desktop Pc Monitor is HP 20009v

I only use my PC for general home work such as e-mail, the internet, word, genealogy, forums and the like. In fact I have only used 6GB of the 20GB which were initially installed, but with a sprightly new PC and well and truly retired I may well extend my activities to something more demanding. It is £509.99 at PC World, but I can barter a little I think What do you think?

My nearly ten year old PC is starting to wane and, having had a good look around, I am thinking of buying this one as some of the lesser ones appear to have manufacturing design faults.

HP Pavilion p6203uk 320GB Desktop PC | Desktop Pc Monitor is HP 20009v

I only use my PC for general home work such as e-mail, the internet, word, genealogy, forums and the like. In fact I have only used 6GB of the 20GB which were initially installed, but with a sprightly new PC and well and truly retired I may well extend my activities to something more demanding. It is £509.99 at PC World, but I can barter a little I think What do you think?

It's a nice system and if you intend to do basic stuff for a long time than this PC should last you for a very long time. Plus, it should be able to cope with other stuff you may wish to throw at it (within reason ;) )

Looking at the link, i noticed that it only has the L2 cache. Shouldnt current processors have atleast 4 MB of CPU cache(2 MB per processor for faster communication between the CPUs)?

It should be more than ok for basic use

its showing as £449 on pc world and Dixons online that seems a decent price:clap:

More than adequate for what you have in mind I would have thought. Dell sometimes do pretty good offers on their boxes and throw in a monitor. Might be worth considering as an alternative.

Nope it's not overkill but the price tag seems to be high, you could build a better system for £350:rotfl:;)

As you are retired and time permitting you might attempt to build your own machine if that is not too daunting a prospect. It is really not that difficult to do and might be an interesting little project to get stuck into?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom