Is this Panny supplier any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tmurphy, Jun 21, 2003.

1. tmurphy

tmurphy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    After a few weeks of pondering, reading reviews, reading comments on avforums, I've think i'm going to settle on the Panasonic 50PW5B 50" Plasma.

I know the 6 series are due out in a month or so, so i assume the 5 series price will start to drop.

The best price I've found is £5,500 at Techtronics, but i remember a long time ago not many people liked them.

Are they any good these days? Does anybody know of a better price?

I'll also be looking to get the pedesal and tuner box, but probably from other suppliers.

Thanks

Tony Murphy

2. GASWATKINS

GASWATKINS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Dont touch them with a barge pole !!!
    They mucked me around with a DVD player 3 years ago
    They were appalling
    Thankfully all on Credit Card

That was for £200 and you want to trust them with HOW MUCH !!!!

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +519
    If you search - particularly on dvd player thread - you'll see lots of complaints dating way back.

4. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Tony,
    I"ve bought from them about 3 or 4 times over the years, dvd players mainly. Compet on price, never had a prob.
    However when I bought my Plasma recently I wanted a supplier a bit more local.
    Try Sound & Vision at Bolton (not that far from u), several plasmas on display, also should price match.

5. tmurphy

tmurphy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Thanks Lurcher, I had come across their website last night, bloody good offer on the Panny 503 MXE (after a search found the post about it on AVForums). Let's see if they can do as well on the Panasonic.

Petty there not open on Sundays, otherwise I would be down there today.

Thanks

Tony

6. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you're concerned about buying from the said supplier, have a look around this forum and you'll find several that are offering pro-active support!

As for the said company, I've bought a DVD player form them and haven't had any problems, but a friend tried to buy one and kept getting fobbed off with delivery dates. He then went to someone else and had the player before the end of the week.

Getting someone who also offeres advice on how to set up your screen is also worth the extra.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

7. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi tmurphy,

I can recommend these guy's!

They are currently selling the 50" @ £5,499 and I know that they are decent guy's to deal with as they gave me a full refund for my Panny 50" after 3 months use, when it developed a fault!........... You can't say fairer than that!

PS: I'd really consider waiting for the 6 series (as I am) as the additional contrast ratio improvement & the expanded connectivity options (DVI-HDCP?) are set to be major improvements on the 5 series model, and I'll bet that the new model will come in at the current price point for the 5 series!

www.letsgodigital.co.uk

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

8. Spanjab

Spanjab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had to get the local trading standards involved when I returned my Panasonic Tuner I got to go with the plasma. When it arrived I found the difference it made to the component picture quality was terrible so I am using the screen without it now. When I returned it to them they tried to charge me a 15% restocking fee because I had used tape on the box. Eventually after much grief and arguing they gave me a full refund but they didn't like it. 2 lessons, 1 don't use them and 2 don't buy the Tuner if you like watching DVD's in high quality.