1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal ...... ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by melliott1963, Feb 11, 2004.

1. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've just taken delivery of a Toshiba 28ZT29B IDTV and am very pleased with it so far.

I have noticed, however, that, when I first turn the TV on (having been turned off at the plug), it takes about 10 seconds or so before the Digital channels become watchable, as if the digital decoder is taking a few seconds to initialize itself. If I'm in analogue mode, the picture comes on virtually straight away.

Once the TV is on, I have no problem switching between digital channels.

Is this normal?

2. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry cant help on the IDTV issue but what do you think of the quality of the actual picture? I have a replacement of the 28zd26p arriving today which i believe uses the same tube as yours.

Do you have any dirty screen issues with the set like fingerprints on the inside of the screen?

cheers.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I only got it last night, but as far as I can see, the picture seems very 'clean'.

Mind you, considering my previous set is a 12 year old Panasonic, I think anything would look better!

4. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply mate.

its sounding good, cant wait for the replacement now.....fingers crossed....