1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal with LCD's ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by paulfoley, Apr 21, 2005.

1. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Was watching a Sky Feed last night on my new Samsung LCD in the bedroom (Wireless sender to composite in). There was a distinctive horizontal glow at the top & bottom of the screen, presumably the bright backlights behind the panel ? Dont see it on DVD's via my HTPC (via DVI).

Is this common with LCD's ?

Is mine faulty ?

Can it be tweaked out ?

:confused:

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This will not be caused by the backlight as you have already stated that the picture is evenly lit during DVD playback. This will probably be causes by by a combination of the wireless sender providing your image over composite! I hate to think what the picture quality is like.....Your LCD will be fine.

Jimmy

3. jon2099

jon2099

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It could still be the backlight. Some LCD TVs operate the backlight at a higher brightness in TV mode than in PC mode; this is evident by the different brightness (and lamp life) quoted in different modes. One example is the Sharp LL-171ME. Double check by plugging the Sky box directly to the TV.