is this ninty`s new machine ???

I'd have to say Yes. I've seen detailes pics of that machine in a mag. Can't remember which one though... All I know is that there is ONE built and fully working one. It has no outer casing design though... That's what's gonna be released at E3. Also, It'll have the graphics of the N64 and it may also have wireless mulit-player gameplay. Plus, the games are not cartridges. They are little thin things that look like Memory Cards. They look a bit like Mobile Phone Sim Cards.

I've heard that the DS will have the graphics of a GC. I don't understand why they would release a new machine with such poor graphics if the new Sony HH will be equivilent to PS2 levels?

It wouldn't be hard to surpass PS2 graphics standards on a HH anyway really, most palm pilots can wipe the floor with a PS2 technically. We'll see how this equates though won't we, especially as the new Ninty HH is supposed to be landing at our gaming shops by xmas.

The PSP is going to be a disaster IMO. I expect it to sell well but it's going to be a crap console.

I just don't understand why people want a handheld PS2...

Who cares how powerful it is if the screen is only 4-5" wide in diameter? How much detail do people expect to see in that size of screen?

Secondly...why would I want to play a load of PS2 ports on a handheld when I can play them on a big TV, with surround sound, and a PS2 pad (which will ALWAYS be more comfortable than a handheld console)

The PSP is rumoured to be capable of 7.1 surround sound...can I ask 'why?' Typical example of a manufacturer putting in features that:

a, people won't want because it will drain the battery life
b, people won't care about because it means the PSP has to be hooked up to external equipment
c, developers don't care about because it takes so long to program in (in a useful way)

I can't imagine why they would make the PSP capable of 7.1 sound? Unless they make some SH!T HOT headphones to go with them?

Why have handheld consoles at all then? We can play on a SNES instead of playing the GBA (which claims 32-bit processing :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by Games Guru
....playing the GBA (which claims 32-bit processing :rolleyes: )

It has a 32bit processor in it. So it's a bit more than a claim :)

Yes I know, but how many people when they heard that it was a "32bit machine" thought it would have PS1 graphics? I certainly did. It's basically a hand-held snes (as we all know) so why doesn't it have PS1 graphics? :confused:

Do athlon64 make things look better (with 64 bit software). Its not the processer that makes the console what it is. The Saturn is the best example of this as it had 2 32bit processers, but the PS1 wiped it out in 3d games.

No handheld console can have the graphics of the Cube. It'll have the graphics of the N64. I highly doubt that handheld consoles are gonna go any higher than 64 bit. The PSP has the graphics of the PS1, NOT the PS2 if you've read enough about it. I hope the DS will have N64 graphics cos it may mean the re-release of Zelda, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie and many more!

Originally posted by supersonic87
Do athlon64 make things look better (with 64 bit software). Its not the processer that makes the console what it is. The Saturn is the best example of this as it had 2 32bit processers, but the PS1 wiped it out in 3d games.

That's a bad analogy mate. There aren't any 64-bit programmes out yet!

The layman would imagine that the GBA, after Ninty say it had a 32-bit processor, would have PS1 graphics.

Ilikeitcube, the sources I've read from say that the PSP WILL have ps2 graphics, as allegedly, developers were worried how to make games look as good as ps2 games with only 8mb of ram. Apparently sony have increased the amount of ram to 16mb in the PSP. Far more than would be needed if it were to be only ps1 quality.

I always hated the N64, it claimed 64-bit graphics, yes they looked better than ps1, but the draw distance was a matter of inches, every game looked like it was played in thick fog!

Games Guru,

You seem to be quite mis-informed as to what the 'bit' means for processors. This is simply the amount of information the CPU can handle per cycle, and is NOT the deciding factor on performance. If so, why would a 32bit Pentium 4 be many times more powerful that the CPU in a PSone?

A classic example of bits aren't everything is the Atari Jaguar. Nuff said

Rob

i reckon the psp is gonna be a sweet little machine :) pro evo on the go :)

Originally posted by i_like_it_cube
No handheld console can have the graphics of the Cube.
Why not? The cube is very small and semiconductor technology has come a long way since the inception of the cube.

Just consider the cube with an attached LCD screen, it runs from a very small power supply.

In fact, a laptop without the HD and I/O connectivity could be very small and there's loads of power available in them!

maybe ninty should stick to hand helds and leave the full size home consoles to the big boys :)

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
maybe ninty should stick to hand helds and leave the full size home consoles to the big boys :)

maybe because they are the big boy, hence the term the big n :)

Funny i was thinking the same about MS yesterday sticking to OS's :)

At Least they make a profit with that side of there business :)

why stick to just OS there doing so well at knocking out consoles and superb Grown UP games ;) ninty on the other hand where do we start lmao last in the cd/dvd games format,first out of the next gen ps2 /xbox console war.there going the same way as sega trust me ;)

why stick to just OS there doing so well at knocking out consoles and superb Grown UP games ;) ninty on the other hand where do we start lmao last in the cd/dvd games format,first out of the next gen ps2 /xbox console war.there going the same way as sega trust me ;)

lol ok m8 :) you obviously have a different idea of what doing well is then :)

selling less consoles worldwide and losing millions of $ in my book is not doing well :) i dont care how much money they got if there in the red on the xbox thats means its not doing well, companies are around to make it a success and make money

And knocking out superb game is debateable too but thats you oppinion i'll let you keep that i'll just stick to facts :)

you know what thats the first normal reply to a obvious fan boy comment lol well done mate :) but imho MS are losing the battle of cash to win the war of widespread dominance.and lets face facts when your console is stopped from being stocked in outlets etc and the price dropped to nearly as cheap as the handheld that doesnt look like prospering to me.

you know what thats the first normal reply to a obvious fan boy comment lol well done mate :) but imho MS are losing the battle of cash to win the war of widespread dominance.and lets face facts when your console is stopped from being stocked in outlets etc and the price dropped to nearly as cheap as the handheld that doesnt look like prospering to me.

My console lol? i have not posted on the console section for a very long time but its obvious just reguarly checking this section that you are the biggest xbox fanboy i have ever come across, you do it it subtle ways but its so obious its unreal

you carry on thinking that about MS, but the simple fact is xbox is a big failer right now, and dishing the gamecube to try and make yourself feel better does not change that atall :)

Also shall we compare prices of the consoles

XBOX On its Own £119.99
Gamecube On Its Own £74.99

XBox With 2 Games £132.99
Gamecube With 1 Game 99.99

Now What was they launched at? XBOX £299 Gamecube £149.99

gamecube has fallen £74 since launch Xbox has fallen £179 now whos the ones giving the console away? how can you possible comment on gamecube having to be sold so cheap? when MS have to sell xbox at a loss? i think you should think before you speak if Xbox was the magical piece of hardware you make out it to be surely it would sell at a profit? but no its not selling so it has to be sold at a loss, simple as that

Xbox had the fastest price drops of any console ever when it was launced as it was a failer, of course dropping the price has helped but still it sells poorly even when they sell below cost

And before you say it, yes gamecube sells poorly too when you compare to PS2, Sony have won yet anouther round, but XBOX and gamecube are selling equally poorly but at least Nintendo have made a profit from it

i wouldnt say im the biggest but im defo happy i traded in my cube after a week or 2,and i have stated that i dont rate nintendo much even stated this at the start of the thread ;) but i like the look of this new contraption there knocking up.to be honest i reckon its my choice of games that makes me choose the ps2 and xbox,i love footie games and rugby love driving games and the getaway GTA beat em ups etc.detest platformers and rpg`s so thats probably why i dont rate the nintendo machines.

christ i answer one post and then you run off and edit the thread to twice its size lol.the xbox and ps2 are welcome anywhere on the planet and lets face facts the nintendo is a bit like american express use to be good but has faded quickly.

finished editing my above post now lol,

i am done, the simple matter is both consoles have lost and Sony have won

Xbox and gamecube are both doing poorly neither one stands above the other

i blame pro evo and that bloody grand theft auto they have shifted more ps2`s than i can imagine lol hang on xbox is getting both of them your screwed now cube owners lmao ;) i actually think its quite good we can have a pretty decent conversation without it spiralling into some flame war like most of these threads turn out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom