is this ninty`s new machine ???

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
I guess I was hoping that people would start moderating themselves.

I am not a huge fan of banning people left, right and centre, and I will usually only act on banning someone if another user complains.

I have sent many warnings, there are two stickies, one a warning to all users and the other a rant thread :p

I agree that unless people start reviewing their own behaviour I will ask Spectre to drag out the ban stick.....

regardless of what console they own, it is not just X-Box owners that are causing a fracas, it takes two to tango :)

Solar

thats a pretty poor way to look at the gc

"even sports games have a child like approach"

while you lot think the GC have these games, you have to remember they also have the same sports games as the xbox and ps2 (fifa+isspro) giving it a selection for all audiences
on that list you also missed out
MVP Baseball 2004
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution
Mission: Impossible - Operation Surma
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
Custom Robo

Xbox has online capability - so did the NES all them years ago
PS2 has the best ever pad - designed by nintendo for the SnesCD
they are not all they are cracked up to be are they ?

and try to remember that Nintendo are still the only one that have the pick up and play dedication - the only reason for a "games console"
how many of you choose to use the xbox or ps2 "instead" of your stand alone dvd player ? what a waste

please dont make this into an argument over ps2,xbox and gamecube, im just sick and tired of hearing people slag off such a great company that deserves most of the credit for building the gaming industry

E

Erpland

Originally posted by CrispyXUK
last time I checked there were more ames for children on the PS2 & PC than any other console! so is that a kids console? no it aint. so why call the amecube a kids console? I just don't understand this way of thinking

mate, it's not a way of thinking, it's down to the hormones, it's only 13+ year old kids who call the Gamecube a kiddies machine, it means a lot to them to try to make a difference between all three, if the breakout of pubic hair is slower than you would like an 'X' in the title of your xmas present along with dayglo yellow on black can make up all the difference. :D

meanwhile Nintendo will probably continue with their 'for all the family' policy, and the best place for kiddies games will be the PC, Bob The Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, Telletubbies, Tweenies etc.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
IMO Nintendo have always made great consoles with some great games! Just because their games can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike doesn't make them kiddies consoles. Nintendo games generally transend the sex & age barriers that a lot of other games get trapped behind.

We should all be gratefull for companies such as Sega & Nintendo who have helped make the gaming industry what it is today. IMO if you slag off these companies then you are no true gaming fan at all.

B

betamac

Originally posted by gthom3
IMO Nintendo have always made great consoles with some great games! Just because their games can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike doesn't make them kiddies consoles. Nintendo games generally transend the sex & age barriers that a lot of other games get trapped behind.

We should all be gratefull for companies such as Sega & Nintendo who have helped make the gaming industry what it is today. IMO if you slag off these companies then you are no true gaming fan at all.

Yep well said agree totally

even now many companies copy Nintendos new ideas in games and hardware design

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom