Is this level of image scaling available?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JBee, Dec 7, 2011.

1. JBee

JBee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

I have an AE1000 projector I use for my Xbox, PS3 and movies. However, I have older consoles such as PS1, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast etc that have lots of nostalgia for me and like playing them on occasion. Now, these older consoles have low resolution non-filtered graphics and when on a big screen look somewhat terrible.

Anyone familiar with video-game emulation likely knows you can apply a filter to the rendered graphics through the software such as 'Eagle, Kreed' and so on. So, I was wondering, are there any hardware video processors that can sit between the console and the projector to supply this kind of filtering?

Examples are here: Image scaling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The thought of running an older Saturn game with a nicely smoothly image makes me giddy. No idea if this is already out there, if it exists and/or if the delay is acceptable. My thoughts are that it likely does not exist as the output from the consoles of the time was analog and I assume a digital signal is required.

Many Thanks for your thoughts,

Cheers.

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,484